Whats cooking Wednesday December 30, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i'll be getting my salads, dips, salsa, cheese platter and cold cut platters ready for NYE and NYD, so dinner will probably be catch as can tonight.

what about you?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Only just had breakfast (toast) so not even begun thinking about dinner.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i can't fall asleep i feel lousy at the moment. but my family is expecting a spread for NYE & NYD. so i am planning my attack!! LOL

suziquzie

Well since I've been forced to start thinking early, I've landed on meatloaf.

Oldest kid has a friend sleeping over tonight.... I never know what to make for dinner for other people's kids..... I always just figure they're all picky as hell.....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Oldest kid has a friend sleeping over tonight.... I never know what to make for dinner for other people's kids..... I always just figure they're all picky as hell.....
pizza is a good choice also. most kids like pizza and homemade is fantastic!! my daughters friends never had a problem with anything i made but come to think of it unless they had an allergy i never gave it much thought, they ate what i was serving.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I just ordered a 2" thick NY Strip that I'm going to dry brine and reverse sear. I might do some carrots and leeks on the side. Maybe some rice and gravy too.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just ordered a 2" thick NY Strip that I'm going to dry brine and reverse sear. I might do some carrots and leeks on the side. Maybe some rice and gravy too.
sounds fantastic!! my absolute fav steak cut is NY strip!

Lefty

Yank
I have to start carbing up for 2.5 days of snow.

Spaghetti with meatballs, garlic bread and tossed salad. Red wine. For a rarity I will do dessert, ice cream sandwiches made with lemon cookies and french vanilla icecream.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with Lefty on the sketti and meatballs, only I'll run out to Pizza Hut and get some of theirs on my dinner break.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
crabcakes or crab-stuffed shrooms. there's a container of crab already. need the shrooms, a veg, & probably taters. adult beverages.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
or maybe not. jake needs to get his wrist looked at. so he'll probably be at the piddle, & i'm not opening a pound of crabmeat for 1 crabcake. veggie soup instead of that.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
What happened to Jake's wrist, luvs? (Maybe you posted it somewhere else and I missed it.) I hope he's OK.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Pork chops, yellow rice and a salad. Nothing fancy tonight but tomorrow night my wife is picking up to live 1.5 lb lobsters which we will serve with I don't know what yet other than some black eye pea salad.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Meatloaf with mashed potato and spinach
PICT0180.JPG

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
What happened to Jake's wrist, luvs? (Maybe you posted it somewhere else and I missed it.) I hope he's OK.

thanks! his wrist's bugged him for days now, & was convinced that was carpel tunnel, so i'm not too sure.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's looking like salmon patties. I have got to get to the grocery store soon!

K

Kimchee

Some sort of chicken breast panini thing, and some sort of crab soup/bisque thing.
Haven't worked out the particulars quite yet....

suziquzie

THE BOY LIKES MEATLOAF! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I can resume ignoring noise now :tiphat:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
It will be Burger King for me since I'm about to drive back home to San Antonio in a few minutes. See y'all in a few hours.

K

Kimchee

Tonight's experiment of crab bisque and a chicken panini was
good and merely OK, bordering on Eh.

The bisque had good flavor overall, but was just not quite... right.
Maybe too much wine and something else. Definitely room to develop,
I'll try it again.

The chicken panini was on a regular cheap white bun, which I even forgot
to reverse so the thing might get "grill" marks, ooops!
But it was pretty tasty. Put a dab of deli mustard on, carmelized onions,
sauteed cremini mushrooms, a bit of cheddar and pecorino romano cheese, and finally, tomato.
Who'd've thought there's a learning curve for panini
sandwiches, LOL!
The panini was quite edible, wish I had more.

Attachments

• CrabBisqueNPanini1.jpg
    CrabBisqueNPanini1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 81