How are those leftovers doing??

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Anyone still working with christmas leftovers?? I've got some fra diavlo sauce from christmas eve, going to have that tonight. The fried calamari went into the freezer for po'boy sandwiches on New Year's day. There is still a couple of portions of lasagna and stuffed mushrooms left from christmas day. There is also half a crown roast of pork left from the 26th for dinner tomorrow night. After all that..........then it's gone! Finally!

Anyone else still with a fridge full of food???

joec

Gold Site Supporter
No such thing in this house as leftovers. Between my kids and grandkids they eat like locust leaving nothing in their wake. I'm convinced that if a fly landed on the table while they are eating and one of them could get a fork into it they would eat it. You ought to see the teeth marks on my silverware for god sakes. :yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I had a small amount of leftover roast beef and some gravy that I froze yesterday...everything else is gone.

homecook

Seeing as how I just made mine Sunday and there were only three of us..........YES......loads!! lol DH and DS have been eating most of the stuffing and I'll probably end up freezing some of the turkey for a casserole later. Then there's the taters and green bean casserole to consume.

suziquzie

still have au gratin 'taters....... they sound good..... but fer cryin' out loud all I want is salad.......

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i wouldn't let jake bring leftovers since he didn't even open the turkey they gave him from thanksgiving, i gave my half of the Christmas ham to my brother & his love & my nephews. my brother made a soup from that earlier. ham & great northerns soup. delish.

GotGarlic

Not from Christmas, but I didn't feel like doing a lot of cooking this week, so I roasted a chicken Sunday and DH made meatloaf last night. I made chicken/sausage fricassee with some of the leftovers tonight.

Phiddlechik

Just finished the meatballs/gravy tonight. yeah! Made some great white bean/ham soup yesterday with the leftover ham, so now have leftover soup...
I'll be glad to start cooking some new stuff for New Year's!