Hey, I get to start this thread for a change. :D

We're having:

Turkey
Ham
Scalloped potatoes
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Brocoli Bake
Savory Brussel Sprouts (with Challots) ummmm good.
Noodles
Dinner Rolls
Ice Tea
Cheese Cake w/ cherry pie filling topping
(and other Chrismas baked goodies to choose from)

The house smells so good now. ;D

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had turkey, bacon, sausages, stuffing, roast potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots & brussell sprouts followed by a really nice locally made Christmas oudding and custard

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lou and I are having stuffed mushrooms and lasagna bolognese. Dessert is at Ivan's house.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Grilled ribeye steaks w/crab hollandaisse sauce,sauteed mushrooms & onions,corn,peas and baked red potatoes w/garlic butter...also having grilled garlic bread

tradititional Xmas dinner will be on Sunday and we will be having a deep fried turkey with all the fixings.

I have to work this holiday season so meals are very early or very late(tonights meal)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well in spite of not wanting to do it this Christmas I had about 10 show up last night so we did a ham, mashed sweet potatoes, string beans, peas & carrots and a store bought pies. Tonight we are having a pork loin which just came out of the oven, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, deviled eggs as well as a cheese dip with chips. For desert a blackberry cobble made my way with biscuit dough and macerated blackberries in brandy. That is now in the oven with the rest close to being done. We should be eating within the next hour. Oh and 8 tonight go figure but I see my wife doesn't follow instructions. I put my foot down and she flat stomps on it.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
hmmmmmm 2 xmas threads (well 3 if you include battle ......)

we are having a late dinner. stuffed clams as appy, Linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio as pasta course, then the main entree roast beast (eye round roast), baked taters (topped with butter, sour cream and sniped fresh chives), mixed steamed veggies (brussel sprouts, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli), yorkshire pudding, baked sweet potatoes (hubs has to have sweets) and burgundy gravy. also sparkling apple/cranberry cider. i wasn't feeling well for the last week, so i didn't make any pies. pumpkin pie will be made after dinner for a late dessert. i will try to get pics.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
We had turkey with broccoli and rice and cranberry sauce. The turkey looked lovely, but was a little dry. Oh well - the company was delightful!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had turkey with broccoli and rice and cranberry sauce. The turkey looked lovely, but was a little dry. Oh well - the company was delightful!
i love dry turkey!! after years of my aunt's wet, rubber, under cooked birds we love a dry turkey now!! LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS guys!
my Dad baked a ham, my Mom smashed taters, there were veggies, cresents, drinks.
my Dad gave me a coconut-pineapple concoction with a few kinds of alcohol. i avoided that ham. not diggin the ham. my Mom's taters were great, & the veggies were veggies. then zifandel.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Here's our Christmas dinner. Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti with homemade sauce, homemade garlic bread and salad of mixed greens.

P1020355.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made the centerpiece

xmas_centerpiece_122509_1_P1040974.JPG

xmas_centerpiece_122509_2_P1040974.JPG

The Table

xmas_dishes_122509_P1040972.JPG

xmas_table_122509_1_P1040977.JPG

xmas_table_122509_2_P1040975.JPG

xmas_table_122509_3_P1040976.JPG

The Roast

xmas_roast_122509_P1040982.JPG

Dinner is served - Clockwise: Baked potato (butter, sour cream and chives), Pasta Shells and Broccoli Aglio Olio, Eye round roast with burgundy gravy, yorkshire pudding, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and brussels sprouts.

xmas_dinner_122509_P1040985.JPG

and Sparkling Apple/Cranberry Cider. Not to fancy but tasty.

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Sure looks good, Peeps. I'll have an extra helping of the beef and gravy.