Monday night cooking?? Anyone making dinner 12/21?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Just killing time here at work today....zzzzzzzzzzz and while I just enjoyed a wonderful turkey burger with fresh spinach and chipotle mayo thoughts are looking ahead to dinner. I've got left over tomato soup and will most likely have that.

What about you????

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey! Your lunch is almost what I'm having for dinner, Vera!

I have some leftover spinach casserole (see Sass Muffin's recipe, below) and I will use it to make Rachel Ray's Florentine Meatballs (which is on my short list of keeper recipes - it's excellent, and the sauce is particularly great!).

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/florentine-meatballs-recipe/index.html

Lee

Sass's Baked Spinach

Baked Spinach
2 boxes frozen spinach
1 can cream of onion soup
2 T minced onion
3 T sesame seeds, toasted
1/4 c sliced smoked almonds
1 c sharp cheddar
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Cook and drain spinach.
Mix soup, onion, cheese, seeds and half the almonds.

Place in buttered casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350

Lefty

Yank
I picked up some Maine shrimp. I am going to try some kind of shrimp pasta dish. Not sure what. Help please.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lefty, I love Doug's (fryboy) simple and delicious shrimp scampi with garlic butter.

Make this and toss it with cooked linguine.

Lee

FuzzyB

Tonight I am making pasta ina spicey tomato sauce and will have some fish cakes on the side! Something quick and easy as I am tired!

suziquzie

ive been so busy worrying about christmas eve and day dinners i forgot to worry about today.....
maybe some chili

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I picked up some Maine shrimp. I am going to try some kind of shrimp pasta dish. Not sure what. Help please.

Saute some tomatoes and sliced garlic in butter till they are soft. Add a bit of white wine and cook for about 3 mintues. Add the shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, toss. Serve with a bit of olive oil drizzled on top, chopped parsley and grated cheese. Red pepper flakes would be a great touch.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
ive been so busy worrying about christmas eve and day dinners i forgot to worry about today.....
maybe some chili

Suz, you and be both, sista. Coco is coming home tomorrow night and I literally have no intention of cooking her anything. She can forage for leftovers like I do!

Another thought that came to mind, is to go Asian -- shrimp stir fry with lots of veggies over pasta. Not sure what kind of 'pasta' you have on hand. A thin noodle - Cappelini, angel hair, glass/cellophane noodle would make a a good pasta pancake/noodle pillow. A thicker/wider noodle for a shrimp & veggie noodle bowl.

GrantsKat

I have bone-in chicken breasts defrosting but if Miss needy-pants doesnt take a nap or something, I wont get anything made:glare:
I was supposed to bake cookies but thats hard to do with an arm full of baby:neutral:
:lol:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
No idea haven't eaten much over the last week except soups and salads. Still have this creeping crud going on which has flat killed my appetite.

Lefty

Yank
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. Shrimp fishing season just started and prices are great. I paid $4 a pound picked and cleaned. Next time I will get 5 Lbs. I think I will try Vera's suggestion since I have most of that on hand. But I am filing the rest for future use. Thanks everyone.

Rick

Lefty, I love Doug's (fryboy) simple and delicious shrimp scampi with garlic butter.

Make this and toss it with cooked linguine.

Lee

Shrimp Fra Diavolo or Greek-style shrimp scampi.

Saute some tomatoes and sliced garlic in butter till they are soft. Add a bit of white wine and cook for about 3 mintues. Add the shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, toss. Serve with a bit of olive oil drizzled on top, chopped parsley and grated cheese. Red pepper flakes would be a great touch.

Another thought that came to mind, is to go Asian -- shrimp stir fry with lots of veggies over pasta. Not sure what kind of 'pasta' you have on hand. A thin noodle - Cappelini, angel hair, glass/cellophane noodle would make a a good pasta pancake/noodle pillow. A thicker/wider noodle for a shrimp & veggie noodle bowl.

suziquzie

I have bone-in chicken breasts defrosting but if Miss needy-pants doesnt take a nap or something, I wont get anything made:glare:
I was supposed to bake cookies but thats hard to do with an arm full of baby:neutral:
:lol:

awwww I hope she slept finally.... and you got your wish of dishpan hands... :huh:

I did decide on chili.... and cornbread muffins. Or, as Mama would tell me, cornCAKE muffins. :whistling:

Deelady

After all the cookies I baked today I'm not at ALL hungry....and I didn't even eat one!
I suppose I'll pick at something soon because I know I need to.

Kathe...you are making me nervous about having a wee little one again!!!!!:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I shouldn't be eating a damn thing after all the potica, cookies etc.. I had today lol
Was gonna do the meatloaf, but by the time I finished shopping this evening, I knew I wouldn't want to come home and cook, so I stopped by The Hickory Pit and got some ribs and cauliflower/broccoli salad to go.:brows:

2009-12-21 18-35-13.785.jpg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
awwww I hope she slept finally.... and you got your wish of dishpan hands... :huh:

I did decide on chili.... and cornbread muffins. Or, as Mama would tell me, cornCAKE muffins. :whistling:

That sounds very similar to what we had today, LOL!

Chili and cornbread...er... cake.... er... yellow stuff made with corn meal!:

Attachments

• IMG00108-20091221-1811.jpg
    IMG00108-20091221-1811.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 89

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I am home alone tonight. Monday night football. Maybe some Fried Potato's & Onions, a couple Johnsonville Brats.
images

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
piss on dinner for tonite, my guy's busy a the shop. DAMMIT, jake's announcing his presence here as i'm typing, i'm taking his keys, time for quality time. ughhhhhhhhhhhh, i'm gonna pitch a fit. wait, wait, he brought me 2 cases of alcohol. may well be kind to him tonite! & there's a bottle of wine to drink.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
piss on dinner for tonite, my guy's busy a the shop. DAMMIT, jake's here as i'm typing, time for quality time. ughhhhhhhhhhhh, i'm gonna pitch a fit. wait, wait, he brought me 2 cases of alcohol. may well be kind to him tonite! & there's a bottle of wine to drink.
You need food first Luvs, the booze is secondary.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hey! Your lunch is almost what I'm having for dinner, Vera!

I have some leftover spinach casserole (see Sass Muffin's recipe, below) and I will use it to make Rachel Ray's Florentine Meatballs (which is on my short list of keeper recipes - it's excellent, and the sauce is particularly great!).

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/florentine-meatballs-recipe/index.html

Lee

Sass's Baked Spinach

Baked Spinach
2 boxes frozen spinach
1 can cream of onion soup
2 T minced onion
3 T sesame seeds, toasted
1/4 c sliced smoked almonds
1 c sharp cheddar
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Cook and drain spinach.
Mix soup, onion, cheese, seeds and half the almonds.

Place in buttered casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350
Well crap Lee! I was so busy with everything else I missed this :dizzy::tongue:
Show us da meatballs!

GotGarlic

Tonight was my work holiday night out; we went to a fun Mexican place where they have 75-cent tacos on Mondays and Tuesdays and half-price happy hour :smile: And Russian tea cakes for dessert! Love them!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beef stroganoff over egg noodles tossed with butter and parsley and buttered steamed carrots.

beef_stroganoff_122109_P1040957.JPG

Last edited: