Saturday Dinner 12/19/09

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Typically, I work on the IC Challenge on Saturday nights.

The cocktail is Rob Roy!!! (one of my favourites)
First course is an arugula (green!) salad with toasted pignoli nuts, warmed goat cheese and sauteed apples.
Dinner is a slow roasted chicken with either mushroom ravioli or another pasta with broccoli rabe (green!) Probably make a pumpkin butter sauce for the pasta.

Dessert is apple turnovers.

Wine selection not attended to yet.

GotGarlic

The plan is pot roast with mashed potatoes. Hmmm, need to think of something green to have with that ...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oven baked chicken goujons (chicken breast pieces dipped in ranch dressing/rolled in crushed Ritz crackers and cracked pepper), cheesy bacon potatoes, and peas.
Oh and mayo/bbq sauce dip.

2009-12-19 16-29-20.677.jpg

Deelady

Looks really good Sass :)

We had hamburgers and cheese curls....my 3 yr old made dinner......thats my story and I'm sticking to it!!!:whistling::blush:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Eating on the run, DW and youngest in two Christmas ice shows today.

They did really well for a big performance, unfortunately, one of the men fell & broke his arm.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Eating on the run, DW and youngest in two Christmas ice shows today.

They did really well for a big performance, unfortunately, one of the men fell & broke his arm.

How cool that they do Christmas ice shows. I love to see all the skating on tv and have been lucky enough to see several live performances with some of the older "biggie" performers also.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having burgers tonight--an old-fashioned for me, and a mushroom/Swiss for the mister.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Made some beef barley soup today... Always make soup in a snow storm, nothing better. Then, in the residual heat in the WFO from baking bread today, I roasted porgies on cast iron pans for each of us.

homecook

I made Ol-Blue's pork loin. Her recipe is posted here. Green beans sauted with garlic, salt and pepper and mashed taters.

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 83

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I made Ol-Blue's pork loin. Her recipe is posted here. Green beans sauted with garlic, salt and pepper and mashed taters.

Oh my! That looks so flippin' good! Awesome! We've got scanners for pics and paper......now we need a food scanner so I can get my hands on that! :clap:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yup looks good!

We just had tacos tonight courtesy of the wife. First she browned the ground beef, then added mild taco sauce cause she couldn't find the taco seasoning packet. I found it for her. So then she said 'ahhh to late', so I took over and fixed it.
Turned out OK.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Oven baked chicken goujons (chicken breast pieces dipped in ranch dressing/rolled in crushed Ritz crackers and cracked pepper), cheesy bacon potatoes, and peas.
Oh and mayo/bbq sauce dip.

View attachment 5591

Sorry Sass missed this the first time around, never heard of making chicken strips that way but sounds real good!
Think I will give it a try next time around! Maybe even use those new Ritz whole wheat veggie crackers. Just like a Ritz but with veggie flavoring and darker since it is whole wheat.
Either way looks good!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry Sass missed this the first time around, never heard of making chicken strips that way but sounds real good!
Think I will give it a try next time around! Maybe even use those new Ritz whole wheat veggie crackers. Just like a Ritz but with veggie flavoring and darker since it is whole wheat.
Either way looks good!
Thanks dear. I screwed a few up but saved the best looking ones for a pic to plate.:blush:
The chicken is using pre-cooked leftover breast pieces.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Arugula salad with goat cheese, sauteed apples and toasted pignoli nuts

Slow roasted chicken with pumpkin ravioli and broccoli rabe

DecemberChristmas2009105.jpg
DecemberChristmas2009094.jpg
DecemberChristmas2009095.jpg

DecemberChristmas2009107.jpg

DecemberChristmas2009109.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Arugula salad with goat cheese, sauteed apples and toasted pignoli nuts

Slow roasted chicken with pumpkin ravioli and broccoli rabe

DecemberChristmas2009105.jpg
DecemberChristmas2009094.jpg
DecemberChristmas2009095.jpg

DecemberChristmas2009107.jpg

DecemberChristmas2009109.jpg
I just showed my DW the picture of what you cooked, and asked her who cookedit.
She said "Vera" LOL Looks Fantastic, by the way, I appreciated your Ciopinno recipe!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I just showed my DW the picture of what you cooked, and asked her who cookedit.
She said "Vera" LOL Looks Fantastic, by the way, I appreciated your Ciopinno recipe!

LOL my wife is getting the same way these days. She looks over my shoulder and says, "Oh, that must be Vera's" or "I just love the way HighCheese plates" or "JoeV must be baking again!". There are several others she can guess pretty good at just by the pictures: Keltin's, Mama's, HomeCooks, just to name a few.

I think that says something pretty cool about NCT and the folks we got here!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
It's good that our styles (or is it the dishes) are becoming recognisable