Dinner Friday 12/18

Lefty

Yank
Trying to figure out if I go see a movie, or rent a few movies and stay home. If we head out I will grab pizza on the way home.

If we stay in I am going to do up a bunch of finger food so we can do walk by's and keep stuffiing our face. Wing, cold cuts, olive tray, finger sandwiches...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Tonight will be light for me as late last night I came down with something. Sore throat, upset stomach, body aching like I went 20 rounds losing them all and basically feeling like death warmed over.

Lefty

Yank
Tonight will be light for me as late last night I came down with something. Sore throat, upset stomach, body aching like I went 20 rounds losing them all and basically feeling like death warmed over.
Feel better JC. :sorry:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
probably mussels, since i'm on my own tonite, & jake, the same jake that was certain he despises mussels, loves them now. so i'm cooking those while he's not here to consume half of mine! :) or lamb.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Get better fast, Joe.

DW & I are going out for dinner. It's a fixed menu but I deleted the email. I'll eat anything anyway.

homecook

Trying to figure out if I go see a movie, or rent a few movies and stay home. If we head out I will grab pizza on the way home.

If we stay in I am going to do up a bunch of finger food so we can do walk by's and keep stuffiing our face. Wing, cold cuts, olive tray, finger sandwiches...

Can I join you?? I'm going to be on my own tonight and have no idea what I'm having. Finger foods sound great!! lol

Hope you feel better joe!!

Deelady

Feel better fast Joe!!!

Prob just hamburgers made at home or a PB&J :)

But I'm with HC on that the finger foods and rented movies sounds good to me!!! :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
well, now he's gonna be here for dinner. soooo, i'm CRAVING fish & malt vinegar. see if i can get the guy to cook that! maybe i should make dinner, though. he may overcook fish.
& joe, plenty to drink, popsicles, jell-o. & be well!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of movies I got to see Julie & Julia which arrived yesterday. Excellent movie and Meryl Streep is super in it as Julia Child.

homecook

I thought about Julie and Julia, I fell asleep half way through it the other night and never finished it. lol

What do you prefer?? I'm open to suggestions....especially if you're providing the food.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's Friday...date night with my sweetie. No cooking going on here. Maybe the Chinese buffet.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
iwent to the theatre to see that movie, one of my treats to myself is going alone to a movie, great movie. there's jake, later, guys!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Lefty, that sounds like my typical Friday night fare! I've got a few wings, some coconut shrimp, cheese, pretzels, and lots of christmas cookies!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Party at Lefty's!!!!

I will bring a giant "Imported Italian" sub, sliced. And spicy fries.

Lee

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
PIZZA !!!!

Attachments

• P1040605.jpg
    P1040605.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 89
  • P1040607.jpg
    P1040607.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 90
  • P1040608.jpg
    P1040608.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 91

homecook

My son decided to stay home tonight so I threw a concoction together. Andoulle sausage, shrimp, penne, green and red pepper, shallots, mushrooms, tomato, garlic, white wine, heavy cream, and cajun seasonings.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 87
K

Kimchee

Bet that was good, homecook!|

I had some sushi, fried frog's legs, squid rings with peppers, lo mein, chinese ribs, asst dumplings, roast duck, coconut shrimp, beef peppers stirfry, pea pod and "scallop" stirfry, more sushi, more frog's legs, chinese greens, and some little dessert cakes.
My kitchen is a WRECK!
OK, not really, it was our favorite oriental buffet. OINK

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Leftover egg rolls and a little of the lo mein lol
Took the rest in and the girls loved it at work :D

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We played tourist!
Fresh cracked crab, squid,shrimp, Clam Chowder.
The San Francisco Wharf is fun!
th_003-3.jpg

GET WELL JOE C!

GotGarlic

We ended up at a Mexican restaurant, where I tried something new: a cheese enchilada topped with slow-roasted pork. It was incredible! I asked the waiter about it - it's marinated in orange and lime juices, garlic and chile peppers, then braised, then cut up and mixes with fresh orange and lime juices. Wonderful citrus flavors and very tender. Gotta find a recipe.

Deelady

We ended up at a Mexican restaurant, where I tried something new: a cheese enchilada topped with slow-roasted pork. It was incredible! I asked the waiter about it - it's marinated in orange and lime juices, garlic and chile peppers, then braised, then cut up and mixes with fresh orange and lime juices. Wonderful citrus flavors and very tender. Gotta find a recipe.

flavor wise it sounds just like how many make carnita pork....my fav!!!!

GotGarlic

flavor wise it sounds just like how many make carnita pork....my fav!!!!

Reps to you, Deelady! I started looking for recipes for this, some of which reminded me that the guy at the restaurant said they cook the pork in lard, which reminded me I have a Rick Bayless cookbook - and it has a recipe for pork carnitas! Thanks! :smile: