12/16/09-Dinner?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to make Jim Slagle's Polish Stuffed Cabbage Rolls.
May use them as an IC green entry. ;)

GrantsKat

I just started a pot of white bean and spinach soup. I would like to make some bread too, but my little girl is sick:sad: so I may not be able to, we'll see.

Deelady

I just started a pot of white bean and spinach soup. I would like to make some bread too, but my little girl is sick:sad: so I may not be able to, we'll see.

Oh you can use that for the IC :D Take pics!

Sorry about the little one :( Hope she feels better soon!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Oysters on the half shell, steamed clams, beer, pork chops, a veggie. I'm full already. lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Change of plans, I am going out for dinner with the girls. :D
I'll get to Jim's recipe this weekend.

Constance

We're having beef'n noodles for the second night. I started it off like Italian beef, for some reason...I've been pretty flaky since I got out of the hospital. I think being anesthetized for all that time did something to my brain.
Anyway, it's quite good...just tastes like ITALIAN beef and noodles. :smile:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well I and some friends had the most delicious fried chicken, those thin crinkle cut fries and a very nice coleslaw.
I asked the waitress what they used to make those fries and she said peanut oil. OMG, heaven!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like most of us are taking an easy night for din din :D
Welll, I did get a doggie bag, as I ordered the 4 piece chickie (ate the wing and the leg) then had the balls to ask for a little container of that coleslaw (and the recipe , was told by pub owner "no, no! that's Mary's secret slaw gahhhhh!):yum:
Here's mah leftover chicken and (takeaway) slaw... goes into the brown bag for tomorrow's work lunch. Hopefully, I can get down to the OT kitchen and reheat the chicken.

Did anyone really think I'd let a dinner thread slip by without pics?!:lol:

2009-12-16 19-40-01.731.jpg

2009-12-16 19-40-30.719.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, peas and cheddar stick biscuits:

Attachments

• salisburysteak.jpg
    salisburysteak.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 64
  • cheddar-biscuits.jpg
    cheddar-biscuits.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 74

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks y'all! Dee, they're in my cookbook but I will post them here as well. Give me a few minutes.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks y'all! Dee, they're in my cookbook but I will post them here as well. Give me a few minutes.

Tutorial???

Did you just say you're going to do a TUTORIAL????

A TUTORIAL on BISCUITS?????

Did you say that?

I think I read that?

Did I? Huh? Huh?? :yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, these biscuits are a little different than regular biscuits but YES, I will post a tutorial if you will tell me where to post it...was it ever decided?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Did anyone really think I'd let a dinner thread slip by without pics?!:lol:

Not me! :yum: Looks good Lollie! lol
Bar/pub food, truck stop food.. that's where me Roxie, Linda and 'Liss sneak off to when we want to get away (them from their husbands, me.. just because) :smile:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sass, i should sent mine to the curb & join ya gals for a ladies nite! jake, 2 1/2 hours late for dinner tonite! at the shop drinking, that was fine, except he couldn't ring me to say he'd be there instead of here so i could have a sammich or some soup! now i'm too pissed to be hungry.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
sass, i should sent mine to the curb & join ya gals for a ladies nite! jake, 2 1/2 hours late for dinner tonite! at the shop drinking, that was fine, except he couldn't ring me to say he'd be there instead of here so i could have a sammich or some soup! now i'm too pissed to be hungry.
I would have loved to have you along Luvs.:flowers:
Ahh, I don't know about your Jake, hun.. it's times like these when I am glad I am single.
I get to listen to the goils bitch about their hubs, then I can come back home to the warm comfort of a weiner dog.
I do hope you and Jake get it together.. sounds like he needs to go to bed without dinner (among other things) for an extended period.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had Arby's sammies & fries tonight. Neither wanted to cook. I bought, she ran to get it.

Hey Luvs, did you forget that boys are made from "frogs and snails and puppy dog's tails?" We're made from bad parts, that's why we behave so poorly at times.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
aw, thanks, sass, we're pulled together, both stressed. 10th anniversary new years, so we bicker like an 'ol couple. we're both intolerant, high-strung people. that contributes to arguments. usually, thank God, we get along well.
he-he, joe, i saw your post a few ago, i LOVE snails though! :)