TGIF~12/11.. What's For Dinner?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I am either going to make a cream of asparagus soup, or a bacon tomato soup, and a big fat B L T :yum:
How'z about you?

homecook

I'm not sure.....I'll probably be alone tonight and won't have to cook for the guys. Soup sounds good. I'll have to think what kind I have a taste for or do some digging in the freezer. lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I've decided on the asparagus soup. It's been a long time since I've made it, or had a BLT for that matter lol

homecook

I've probably got 3 or 4 types of soup in the freezer. I just don't know which one I want. LOL I've got tuna fish for sandwiches.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I've probably got 3 or 4 types of soup in the freezer. I just don't know which one I want. LOL I've got tuna fish for sandwiches.
I still have a lot of the tomato basil soup I made a while ago, and some venus de milo soup that has been in the freezer for toooooo long.
:yum:

K

Kimchee

I've got a great Asian Crab and Asparagus soup recipe...
but we got a $10 off coupon for some burger joint called Champs, so we are
gonna see what they are all about tonight.

homecook

I've got a great Asian Crab and Asparagus soup recipe...
but we got a $10 off coupon for some burger joint called Champs, so we are
gonna see what they are all about tonight.

It's basically a sports bar.......but their food is better. The one out here has a pretty good menu......they've got a couple of great appetizers too!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have no idea what I want to eat tonight. Wife isn't real hungry and aggravated they put her on a heart monitor for the weekend which will limit her activity. Me I just plain don't have much of an appetite today, had to force myself to eat lunch today.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i hate those halter monitors! it's not easy to bathe with one, & they're clunky & you cannot hide them! ugh.....
sad for your wife. i pray she's fine.
i'm not hungry again tonite, so we'll see. jake gets rather upset when i don't want food, so i consumed like 5 slices of salami & some almonds/hazelnuts/brazils. & some soup.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's freezing out.......so, naturally, this is the night Lou and I are going to pick out a christmas tree. In addition to hats, scarves and gloves, we'll have the obligatory flask of scotch.

When we get it into the house my plan is to make a few pizzas - :clap:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
~shiver~ that booze'll keep yins plenty cozy, vera! it's like 100 below here. maybe 200! :) glad we decorated last week, as the weather was kinda calm! now it's bitter freezing out! is there a color scheme, or is it multi? we like rd./silver/grn/. need to hang a few more items, then it'll look like Christmas!
so, jake was only here for a few, then went to get his venison, so i'll probably sleep till he returns with that, & maybe we can cook a stew for late tonite. that'd be seasonably delicious.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
2009-12-11 18-09-10.135.jpg

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I'm pre-heating the WFO for a bread test tomorrow, so... can't let that heat go to waste. When we were in Chinatown in Montreal, we picked up some really inexpensive clay pots :)

Attachments

• P1040563.JPG
    P1040563.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 82
  • P1040567.JPG
    P1040567.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 77
  • P1040569.JPG
    P1040569.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 103
  • P1040570.JPG
    P1040570.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 79
  • P1040573.JPG
    P1040573.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 82

GotGarlic

DH wants fish n' chips, so we're heading out tonight. Not sure what I'll have - depends on where we end up. There are a few options.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Yum! We're having something very similar, except with potato soup instead of asparagus. I with that I could dig into yours and not have to cook.

I'm pre-heating the WFO for a bread test tomorrow, so... can't let that heat go to waste. When we were in Chinatown in Montreal, we picked up some really inexpensive clay pots :)

That's my kind of dish. What's in the bottom of the clay pot?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Holy CARP UnConundrum!! That is amazing. The food looks great.....but the WAY you cooked it!!! I'm swooning here! Amazing! :clap:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
not making din-din; jake got in way after i expected him. he's beginning a venison saurerbrauten soon, & my stomach is already growlin! gonna be several days till we cook that. i ADORE sauerbrauten with other meats, so maybe this'll be a new love! hesitant 'bout its gravy; my Dad didn't make gravy with his. there's COOKIES in it, hm.....
venison jerky is feasible by monday. he can keep the other meat for him & the guys for chili & sloppy joes & other venison stuff! too much gaminess! he weighed on my scale, 22 pounds, & he left a bunch in a freezer somewhere. i'm investing in freshener, it'll probably smell acrid while he cooks!