Sunday Supper, 12/6

homecook

I'm think of doing some type of fish dish, green beans and pasta for sides.

What will you be serving?

Phiddlechik

Will eat @church tonight (not sure what they will have). But will have lunch before we go: leftover babyback ribs, homemade "baked" beans (didn't bake them, cooked them on top of stove with ham broth, onion, molasses, some sugar, catsup), and cornbread.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We are doing a pot roast after seeing High Cheese's. Wife on the way to the store now for the roast which the only thing we don't have on hand.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I bought a New York strip which I have marinating, so that, and oven rings and some sort of veg.
(thanks Barb for the tips!) lol

Beef Bourguignon over Pappardelle - I may add some chestnuts to the mix.
Pumpkin pie with Bourbon whipped cream & vanilla ice cream.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
2009-12-06 17-03-56.598.jpg 2009-12-06 17-04-43.099.jpg

2009-12-06 17-06-40.435.jpg

:heart::thumb:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh it's like riding a bike........you would have remembered once you started doing it. :wink: :thumb:

How was that marinade?
I used the Lawry's I'd bought the other day, took the steak out of it and let it sit for 1/2 an hour like you told me, then pan fried it in butter, about 4 minutes per side.
This marinade is the bomb. Good flavour in the steak.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm doing a pot roast too, but I had it thawing before HC posted his delicious looking one! LOL!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I prepared 10 different types of cookie dough this morning....

I had a feeling I'd not be up to a big cooking experience after that. Luckily, I'd made bolognese sauce yesterday morning before going into the city.

We had an italian salad, garlic bread with sliced tomatoes and rotini with bolognese sauce along with a cabernet franc.

GotGarlic

Vera - please post in another thread those 10 types of cookie dough! I'm really impressed!

I have roasted Brussels sprouts, green beans and carrots in the oven, rice pilaf on the stove, remoulade sauce chilling in the fridge, and fresh tuna about to go on the grill pan. Need to heat up the leftover clam chowder, too.

Constance

We're having night 2 of Texas More (kinda like slumgullion with Velveeta). I sent some home with my daughter, and we'll still probably have enough for lunch one day. No matter how much I promise myself I won't make a washtub full, it always ends up that way.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Thawed out some Pasta E Fagioli and served with fresh made Italian bread. Cleaned out 4 ice cream containers from the freezer as dessert. Wow! Now we have some room to store Christmas cookies.

Deelady

The Chef has created her specialty this evening!

Le Sloppy Joe with a delicate side of Steamed Rice accompanied by a chilled glass of Milk.... 1% of course!

Please enjoy! :flowers:

Attachments

• Wedding 118.jpg
    Wedding 118.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The Chef has created her specialty this evening!

Le Sloppy Joe with a delicate side of Steamed Rice accompanied by a chilled glass of Milk.... 1% of course!

Please enjoy! :flowers:

Lol--Looks great to me! I love the write-up :).