Who's cooking, Saturday, 11/28?

homecook

I don't know who will be home tonight so it's just going to be a re-run of Turkey day........

What will you be serving??

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I picked up some discounted diced game today - so I'm going to make a casserole of it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's my weekend to work, sooooooooooooooooooooo...
After all this turkey, etc... I want something different.
No clue right now.
Maybe I'll run out for a Papa Burger.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's SIL's birthday, so I'm doing a fish fry of perch & walleye, redskins tossed in bread crumbs & Italian seasonings, fresh Italian bread (in the oven now) and coleslaw. DD is bringing dessert

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We'll have the italian wedding soup as a first course

Second course is seared sea scallops with pan fried bronzini, sweet potato croquettes and diced beets.

Probably have grilled slices of apple pie for dessert.

I don't know what the cocktail is tonight.....but I'm just about ready for it now!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I opened up my diced game and it stank - so into the bin with it. I have substituted turkey into the casserole.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ha! as it turns out, I took the day off.. :D
After yesterday I deserve it!
So I think I'll cook today, what.. I don't know..

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
One more time on the leftover turkey day and I think that will finish everything off.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
More leftovers, can you beleive it? We are gonna boil down the carcass' from the Cornish Hens after stripping them of the left over meat. Then I think the wife is gonna make a Brunswick stew using said meat.
The boiled down carcass' of course become a great stock!

suziquzie

Probably spaghetti if I have an extra kid..... My oldest and his friend have been together every minute of the Thanksgiving vacation except for turkey day.....

GotGarlic

Wow, that sounds great. Where in the world do you get conch from????

I imagine it's not too difficult to find in Florida, but I've actually found conch at a huge local Chinese grocery store in Virginia Beach. They have all kinds of live seafood there - incredible.

Blues Man

It was a beautiful day here in Northern Indiana. Fired up the smoker and have 6 pork loins smoking. I will vac pack 5 of them for later this winter. I coated all of them with a paste of spices and blended Santa Fe peppers. Once they are smoked the peppers have a real mellow smokey flavor.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
tired of turkey for now and no food that I care to fix, so, it's take out tonight. Not sure where it will come from yet.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I pan fried a brat- loaded with onions, ketchup and a little mustard, and the oven rings recipe posted the other day.

2009-11-28 19-07-29.347.jpg

2009-11-28 19-08-11.855.jpg

Newnork1978

Luckily we had no left-overs, since we went to a friends house for Thanksgiving...but seeing as how we're missing out on the left-overs, DH and I might give our friend a call and see if we can come over and help him finish off his left-overs. Heh! :wink:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Did the fish fry as planned, and there was just a small bowl of coleslaw remaining for tomorrow's lunch. everything else was eaten. They said it was the best fish fry of the year (and also the last), and they proved it by eating all the fish (3# of fillets for 6 people) a whole loaf of fresh Italian bread and all the potatoes (2-1/2# for everyone), plus birthday brownies a-la-mode. I felt great that they ate it all.

P1020287.jpg

We're having company Sunday night, and it will be an appy & booze evening. Details tomorrow.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
After a bowl of the italian soup, we had bronzini and seared scallops, sauteed vegetables and sweet potato croquettes (made from the left over sweet potato casserole)

Thanksgivingweekend2009057.jpg

Thanksgivingweekend2009062.jpg

Thanksgivingweekend2009063.jpg

GotGarlic

Turkey pot pie turned out pretty good, but a bit dry. I've never made them before, and I kinda used a recipe for guidance rather than actually following the directions, and I halved it, so some more gravy would have been good. DH ate it all up, though! :smile:

Attachments

• turkey-pot-pie-before.jpg
    turkey-pot-pie-before.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 79
  • turkey-pot-pie.jpg
    turkey-pot-pie.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 82

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Turkey pot pie turned out pretty good, but a bit dry. I've never made them before, and I kinda used a recipe for guidance rather than actually following the directions, and I halved it, so some more gravy would have been good. DH ate it all up, though! :smile:

Incredible! Wonderful looking pot pies!!! I'll take two!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
After a bowl of the italian soup, we had bronzini and seared scallops, sauteed vegetables and sweet potato croquettes (made from the left over sweet potato casserole)

Thanksgivingweekend2009057.jpg

Thanksgivingweekend2009062.jpg

Thanksgivingweekend2009063.jpg

:w00t:

Vera! That looks amazing......

.....and guess what the new IC challenge is?!?!?!

Fish! :lol:

I'd say go ahead and submit this as an entry since you posted it on Sunday when the challenge comes out!