Dinner. Friday Jan 30/'09

chowhound

Any ideas or plans yet?
I have no clue. Everything is frozen and I need inspiration.
And I'm hungry already!

PanchoHambre

I love doing that with leftover meatloaf Jeeks

Not a clue... not even sure what is in the fridge... I may be ordering a pizza have not done that in a long time

High Cheese

Saucier
Actually, the leftover meatload is my lunch. It's so friggin good, there's no way I would dump tomato sauce on it. LOL

BUT...that's a great idea for leftover meatloaf or hamburger.

chowhound

That's my inclination, Pancho, but there aren't any good pizza shops in the town where I live..... It would be nice to take one night off from cooking, even if only making something simple.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
We are going out!!! Either Red Lobster or Pappadeauxs... .not sure which! I need some fun from all the bad news!

PanchoHambre

Actually, the leftover meatload is my lunch. It's so friggin good, there's no way I would dump tomato sauce on it. LOL

BUT...that's a great idea for leftover meatloaf or hamburger.

LOL... my bad jeeks... yeah If I make an Italian seasoned loaf I cube up and sub it for meatballs...

That's my inclination, Pancho, but there aren't any good pizza shops in the town where I live..... It would be nice to take one night off from cooking, even if only making something simple.

Pizza in Philly is no great shakes either some of its completely inedible. there are at least 10 pizza joints in my neighborhood... there are only 3 I will order from and they are only passable but the convenience of dinner arriving at my door is sometimes nice

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
As I said in the Prime Rib thread, we have company coming over tonight. Sooo, it's a rib roast,

FinishedRoast.jpg

Yorkshire Pudding

536-yorkshire-pudding.png

Noodle pudding (kugel)

39-noodle-pudding.png

Garlic Knots:

P1020998.JPG

And asparagus.

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm not sure what's fer dinner yet; dw's going to a friend's mom's wake. i guess they're only waking her tonight, and they'll plant her tomorrow 'cause dw made a big deal about me getting home on time.

i am going to make 2 things for meals this weekend, though.

i defrosted a meaty ham bone leftover from christmas, so it'll be the base for a lentil and mushroom soup, in the crock pot.

then, on the stove, i'm making a big pot of sauce with lotsa garlic and pork loin rib ends.

smoke king

Banned
Not sure about the main course, but dessert will consist on "muey" Coronas (muey does mean many right?) and copious amounts of Jagermeister-TGIF!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I guess it is true that hell froze over since I'm having Buffalo wings tonight. My wife got 2 lbs of chicken wings from our meat suppler along with 6 full chickens. These are all grown by the Amish guy in Bowling Green. She picked them up this morning and the meat is white and the wings are the size a chicken should have and don't look like turkey wings. I haven't eaten a bird of any kind in over 35 years.

Last edited:

Deelady

As I said in the Prime Rib thread, we have company coming over tonight. Sooo, it's a rib roast,

FinishedRoast.jpg

Yorkshire Pudding

536-yorkshire-pudding.png

Noodle pudding (kugel)

39-noodle-pudding.png

Garlic Knots:

P1020998.JPG

And asparagus.

man I wish I could reach right through the screen and gobble that up!!!
It looks as if there are herbs in your yorkshire pudding?? Is there? Never did that before but I've heard of others doing it. You got a nice rise in it though, my father use to get so upset when it didn't rise to his liking! He would complain throughout the WHOLE meal!

I have no clue about dinner...we REALLY need groceries but I have not been brave enough to venture to the store with the roads the way they are!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You know, I always loved fridays until I had to start cooking the books every friday. I suck at that. I just post the numbers as they are and all hell breaks loose because I don't know enough to make them look better.

It's a paddy cocktail night...and quite possible three each.

I have potato and cheese dumplings with a bacon chive dip
Honey roasted green beans with sweat pea puree
Stuffed dates wrapped in pancetta
And english sheep's cheese, emmanthaler and a goat and honey cheese.

Kiwi, strawberries and red grapes
Hard salami soaked in chardonnay

Philly pretzels.

I just took a huge pan of corn muffins out of the oven for breakfast in bed tomorrow...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We're having Johnsonville New Orleans Brats tonight. Thanks to someone posting that they were having them a couple of days ago. Sounds good so I picked up some when we were at the store.
We'll also have baked beans and store bought cole slaw with them.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I had expected to make Buffalo wings tonight but our income tax info arrived tonight. My wife is at the accountant's now getting our taxes done so it looks like a late dinner of take out.

chowhound

Well I had expected to make Buffalo wings tonight but our income tax info arrived tonight. My wife is at the accountant's now getting our taxes done so it looks like a late dinner of take out.

Know somebody that works at Fairfield Hazmat?
:yum:

I'm still undecided, but I took out some Omaha sirloin patties to thaw. I'll pan fry them with onions and make a gravy. Then have it with fries and the gravy over everything. And some brocolli I need to use up.

I never heard of the New Orleans brats before, Doc. I'll have to look for them next time.

Calicolady

Oh, I meant to mention that before too.
What's a New Orleans Brat.
I've seen their cheese, and irish, but not them.
I like the regular ones in the meat case that look like italian
sausage. But I also like the vacumn sealed ones called
"STADIUM STYLE BRATS"

homecook

We had to attend a memorial service for a family member once removed. (my uncles' bil) so on the way home we stopped for dinner.

I had mussels in a garlic, tomatoes, white wine lemon herb sauce. It was awesome! I think I also ate a whole loaf of garlic bread by myself to sop up the juices. I also had an antipasto salad. Dh had the chicken marsala w/pasta.

Barb

buckytom

Grill Master

man, you're fast.

i got some of my 1099's yesterday, but even if i got all of them within the next week, dw waits until april. then she begs her accountant to squeeze us in.
and i get a huge freakin' refund every year! it drives me nuts that i can't get her to do them sooner.

i think i'll buy turbo tax and do my own again this year. or at least scare her into getting going.

i'm a more adventurous liar! witin 2 % of my a.g.i.

oh yeah, getting back to dinner.

dw made roasted split chicken breasts, steamed stringbeans, and brown rice for dinner last night. i picked up a fresh, still hot semolina bread on the way home, which we had with yogurt "butter".

we had the chicken with mae ploy sauce. it was a good, basic, healthy dinner.

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
man, you're fast.

i got some of my 1099's yesterday, but even if i got all of them within the next week, dw waits until april. then she begs her accountant to squeeze us in.
and i get a huge freakin' refund every year! it drives me nuts that i can't get her to do them sooner.

i think i'll buy turbo tax and do my own again this year. or at least scare her into getting going.

i'm a more adventurous liar! witin 2 % of my a.g.i.

Well Tom it is easy as my wife and I simply work where we live and though we are part owners we draw a salary from the company so we get it pretty quick. I should have it back with direct deposit in the next two weeks. I go to H&R Block, easy and reasonably priced so no biggie since we claim nothing but simple form. We get a bit back every year but no biggie for sure.