Dinner tonight?? Satyrday 21 November

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I believe I've started this thread the past three satyrdays! Does it show much that I am always excited about cooking on this day?

I've got an eggplant...
I've got lovely lamb chops....
I've got beautiful orange beets...
I've got gorgeous brussel sprouts...
I've also got red velvet cupcakes with a white chocolate cream cheese frosting...

What to make, what to make...... I'll come up with the actual menu as I do my pre holiday house keeping today. I do so detest household chores. Oh to have a servant who would work for food...:brows:

GotGarlic

I want one of those kinds of servants, too, Vera!

Today is DH's birthday and I always make lasagne on his birthday. I made the sauce last night and right after this, I'm going to make two 8x8 pans of lasagne - one to cook tonight and one to freeze for later. We'll also have salad and garlic bread, and something I haven't thought of yet for dessert.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Probably grill some steaks, Cooksie's mustard potatoes or fries and no idea what else yet. Guests coming in for the next 4 days so Thanksgiving dinner for them tomorrow though scaled back from the full Thanksgiving later in the week after they have left.

chowhound

I'll probably grill a steak, too. I'm going to cut up that loin today and one steak might not find its way to the freezer.

Deelady

We were invited to dinner at a senior church members house I've only met once before, very sweet couple :) I don't know what is being served but I was told they are both excellent cooks and the wife use to be the chef for our local University for VIP guest dinners. Looking forward to it :)

buckytom

Grill Master
well then, i can't promise there'll be no butt prints on the counter if i have to do the upper windows...

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I believe I've started this thread the past three satyrdays! Does it show much that I am always excited about cooking on this day?

I've got an eggplant...
I've got lovely lamb chops....
I've got beautiful orange beets...
I've got gorgeous brussel sprouts...
I've also got red velvet cupcakes with a white chocolate cream cheese frosting...

What to make, what to make...... I'll come up with the actual menu as I do my pre holiday house keeping today. I do so detest household chores. Oh to have a servant who would work for food...:brows:

man doesn't live on food alone....................there must also be a beverage !
Woody Allen

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
well then, i can't promise there'll be no butt prints on the counter if i have to do the upper windows...
Ooooh - you better hope there are no butt prints, BT. Mistress Vera runs a very strict household. (Did she also mention that all of the servants must be fully waxed?)

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
BIL #4 is the recipient of a surprise b'day party at a local restaurant.............I have no clue, other than if they offer their Steak Diane (they call it "Steak Judy") I'll be having it !! Otherwise, whatever the fish of the day is.............. The Warden is looking forward to their interpretation of Veal Parm, which she has EVERY time we have occasion to be at this place.

http://www.fisherstudor.com/

High Cheese

Saucier
So far I made some spectacular mussels with a spicy broth with tomato, white wine and lots of thyme. The mussels were as tender as can be.

Dinner is my eggplant entry to the IC competition. I made it a few times before: http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955 Only difference is I'll be including a layer of zucchini and I'm using different tomatoes.

Tomatoes are in the oven.

Later on I'll be making my very first Appo Pie. Gotta practice before Thanksgiving.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
My take on a moussaka
PICT0069.JPG
PICT0070.JPG

Newnork1978

It's been rainy and chilly the past couple of days. I might check my soup cookbooks and find a nice soup or stew to make for dinner tonight (with some cornbread, of course). DH is going to need something warm in his tummy after working outside all day. :chef:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
man doesn't live on food alone....................there must also be a beverage !
Woody Allen

Lucky, as we are both in the middle of our toilette, we are enjoying paddy cocktails.

We have an Angeline Pinot Noir for dinner.

The plan is for irish coffee in the yard with a nice fire going....and to roast some chestnuts on that fire.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That eggplant dish is absolutely beautiful, Cheese!

Oooooh, roasted chestnuts and coffee around a fire. What a delightful evening you have planned, Vera.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Farmers' market day. I'm going to have ginger steamed red snapper, corn on the cob, and some kind of potatoes.

I changed it a little bit. Italian five grain bread dipped in basil EVOO, steamed ginger and garlic red snapper, corn on the cob, middle neck clams, and two buck Chuck Cabernet Sauvignon. Notice that I'm set up on the cutting board because there 's no room at the dining room table and I'm alone anyway. LOL

Attachments

• SDC10742.JPG
    SDC10742.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 110

High Cheese

Saucier
Thanks girls.;)

The recipe is pretty straight forward. You just have to be careful frying in olive oil. When the eggplant is just starting to brown it will be rigid enough to hold it's shape during plating. I absolutely love the black line from the skin....so cool.

I fried some zucchini but I didn't think it would add to the dish so I left it out.

If you're a fan of olive oil, tomato, garlic and basil this is the dish for you. Te mandolin was set at .75mm for some nice thin "chips". They get rigid but not like a potato chip since they're sopped with olive oil.

Just layer the ingredients to your eye and top with pesto and parm.

Deelady

Very Nice Minni! You've been having a week of comfort foods!
High Cheese...Picture perfect!
Looks Tasty Buzz!

We were served for dinner the following...

BBQ wings
pot roast
greens
corn
cranberry sauce
garlic texas toast
potato salad
mac and cheese
sliced candied yams
green beans
lemon cake
sock it to me cake
and ice cream!!

Man I don't think I will have any room still for Thanksgiving!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
HiJeeks...as usually...absolutely amazing!

Well Buzz, it may not be as pretty as Cheese's but it still looks darn good! And, you're not alone...you have us!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Very Nice Minni! You've been having a week of comfort foods!
High Cheese...Picture perfect!
Looks Tasty Buzz!

We were served for dinner the following...

BBQ wings
pot roast
greens
corn
cranberry sauce
garlic texas toast
potato salad
mac and cheese
sliced candied yams
green beans
lemon cake
sock it to me cake
and ice cream!!

Man I don't think I will have any room still for Thanksgiving!!!

YUM!:clap:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Salisbury Steak, mashed potatoes and peas

Attachments

• salisburysteak.jpg
    salisburysteak.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 89