Hit the Liquor Barn tonight

joec

Gold Site Supporter
While we where out tonight looking for a thermometer I figured we would hit the Liquor Barn as well to stock up for my guests arriving tomorrow. Well buddy drinks Rusty Nails, so I picked up a bottle of Chivas Regal (750 ml) and Drambuie (375 ml) for that. His wife drinks Jack Daniel (750 ml) and my wife and I drink Bacardi Select (750 ml). I also picked up a bottle of E & J Brandy (750 ml) for the sweet potato, orange cups.

Keep in mind I normally drink beer and not much of that. I haven't purchased a bottle of anything myself in over 35 years until tonight. I had sticker shock to say the least but my wife seems to know how much it would cost. We walked out leaving $98.76 with the cashier. :shock:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Better to leave money with the cashier than to get shot having not done so.

Enjoy and have a great time with your guests.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I will say in all honesty they won't drink much, probably a drink or two a day for the 4 days they will be here. I just save it for when they come back. They do visit two to 3 times a year so not really a big deal..

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes, and there's Christmas present too. :lol:

I wished you hadn't said that, Buzz. Remember I have 3 kids, 17 grand kids and 3 great grand kids plus the in laws family. I really don't want to hear about Christmas at all. My wife handles it and I ignore it as much as possible. Baa Hum Bug. :shock:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Stuff is getting more and more expensive, so I am glad we don't much partake here either! Wife has the occasional glass of wine and once in a blue moon or two I might have a couple of beers. On special occasions she might have fuzzy navels or wine coolers and I might have Midori Sours.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Stuff is getting more and more expensive, so I am glad we don't much partake here either! Wife has the occasional glass of wine and once in a blue moon or two I might have a couple of beers. On special occasions she might have fuzzy navels or wine coolers and I might have Midori Sours.

I drink all the Guinness I can get my lips on - only when I'm in Ireland of course.... :wink:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I go through about a 12 Amber Bocks a week hardly a heavy drinker. Wife will drink a glass of wine once in a great while usually on special occasions only. We both drank rum and cokes for years but never more than a drink or two a week. A fifth would last us about a month or so. Both of us quit even that about 6 years ago. We just seemed to stop about the same time for no reason really, just kind of lost the taste for it. Amber Bock is the only beer I can drink more than 1 of and not get a really bad headache too.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I had some rum with my Thera Flu last night. (But I had to wash the dust off of the bottle to check if there is an expiration date on rum. LOL)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
joe, I use liqueurs to bake and candymake with--so can you imagine walking out with all these bottles and only needing a few Tablespoons here or there or maybe a quarter cup here or there. Bottles last me forever and I always buy top drawer.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I did tonight I need a 1/4 of a cup of brandy for the sweet potatoes and could only find it in 750 ml size. All I can say it was the cheapest thing we bought tonight as Drambuie and Chivas Regal where about half of what we spent so they are damed expensive. The rum and JD are reasonable though.