May I vent please?

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I am so upset by what happened to my daughter's boyfriend yesterday. He was beaten up by a Russian/Ukranian gang at school. He walked my daughter to her class, then left to go to his class and was jumped from behind and pulverized about the face and neck. It's against school law to fight back so he tried to run and protect himself while screaming for help. :sad:

I just don't get it. I don't understand how our schools have become so filled with gangs and violence. I don't mean to sound prejudice but my gosh, there are so many cultural gangs out there - Asian, Russian, Mexican....why? You're in America - you chose to come to America to leave the violence of your own country so why take it up here? Innocent kids can't even go to school without having to look over their shoulders in fear of being attacked?? This is an outrage! If this is happening in the High Schools, what's happening in the elementary and secondary schools?! :soapbox:

Deelady

:( wow I'm so sorry for him, did anyone ever come to his aid? Did he know these guys or was it completely random? I hope he's ok and this never happens to him again!!
I am often afraid of what schools will be like once my daughters are old enough to attend middle school and high school......like the girl who was raped at school about a week ago and over 20 students were either particpating or standing and watching.....utterly disgusting!!
I agree with the.... :soapbox:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
:( wow I'm so sorry for him, did anyone ever come to his aid? Did he know these guys or was it completely random? I hope he's ok and this never happens to him again!!
I am often afraid of what schools will be like once my daughters are old enough to attend middle school and high school......like the girl who was raped at school about a week ago and over 20 students were either particpating or standing and watching.....utterly disgusting!!
I agree with the.... :soapbox:

Thanks Dee - I appreciate that :)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Jeeze, RM, that's awful. Are they identifiable? Won't the school system take strong action?

chowhound

The school has a policy in place where you can't defend yourself?! That's the scary part to me.
There will always be gangs or clicks in school. Come to think of it, when I was in school it was more one on one, even with the different "factions" or whatever.
At any rate, that's pretty terrible, but not being able to fight back because the school says so? That's despicable.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Jeeze, RM, that's awful. Are they identifiable? Won't the school system take strong action?

The police were called and Z filed charges. The kid who did the beating was suspended but so was Z, for his own protection. Now we're just worried about what will happen Monday morning when he goes back to school and what the rest of the gang members will do....

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh RM, this just makes me sick to think about. You must have been horrified to think that had they gotten to him a little sooner, your daughter would have been a victim, too. We have gangs here, too, in San Antonio and it's a huge problem. I hope your daughter's boyfriend will be OK.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
This is just horrible, where were the school officials when this happened? I know in our elementary school here there are monitors all over the place. This doesn't mean that kids can't get away with the small things (and they do, LOL), but something like this would never be able to happen.
Here you don't have to worry much about anything happening in the school, it is what happens when you leave the school that you have to worry about. In fact, both our high schools have police stationed outside them to try and prevent much of the violence and what-not that happens just outside the schools.
My other question, what is up with the parents allowing their kids to be in these gangs in the first place? I know plenty of Latino families in my area where if they find out their kid is in a gang, well I wouldn't want to be that kid... Parental supervision, communication, and participation: It's what gangs don't like.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Oh RM, this just makes me sick to think about. You must have been horrified to think that had they gotten to him a little sooner, your daughter would have been a victim, too. We have gangs here, too, in San Antonio and it's a huge problem. I hope your daughter's boyfriend will be OK.

Thank you FM - Thank God there was no concussion but after seeing him last night he's pretty puffed up and bruised with hematoma's all over his head

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
In my little town in Wisconsin, a church brought in 75 or so Hmongs in the late 70's. Now the number is several thousand, most on welfare. We now have big city type gangs, most if not all drug sales related via Minneapolis. Christ, WTF happened? WTF is wrong with this country and why TF aren't we coming down hard on these little shits? If I was in charge they'd be history by Christmas!!!!!!!!!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
In my little town in Wisconsin, a church brought in 75 or so Hmongs in the late 70's. Now the number is several thousand, most on welfare. We now have big city type gangs, most if not all drug sales related via Minneapolis. Christ, WTF happened? WTF is wrong with this country and why TF aren't we coming down hard on these little shits? If I was in charge they'd be history by Christmas!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you all the way there Buzz! :applause:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I am so upset by what happened to my daughter's boyfriend yesterday. He was beaten up by a Russian/Ukranian gang at school. He walked my daughter to her class, then left to go to his class and was jumped from behind and pulverized about the face and neck. It's against school law to fight back so he tried to run and protect himself while screaming for help. :sad:

By the way, IMHO, this is a big part of the problem. I have already taught my kids, "You don't ever start any fight for any reason, but if someone starts one with you then you absolutely finish it..."
And when it comes time to back them up against the School Board, you bet I will be there...

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Thank you FM - Thank God there was no concussion but after seeing him last night he's pretty puffed up and bruised with hematoma's all over his head
The poor guy. I'm glad he escaped permanent damage but I'll bet he will never again feel quite as safe walking around school. Is there any chance of changing schools if things get even worse? (And how crappy is that that a good kid might have to change schools just to be safe????)

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
The poor guy. I'm glad he escaped permanent damage but I'll bet he will never again feel quite as safe walking around school. Is there any chance of changing schools if things get even worse? (And how crappy is that that a good kid might have to change schools just to be safe????)

That's what we are concerned about. Plus what if they go after my daughter for being associated with him? She says she'll kick their ass, lol