Internal Meat Temperature Chart

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
these are different everywhere u go but i thought maybe a guide could be used my all

this is not mine just one i found looking around - actually from my bbq manual..lol
usda_recommended_temperatures.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, Bams, I almost agree on the poultry temps, and maybe the pre-cooked ham (to heat).

I realize that the USDA has to be conservative, and maybe I'm rolling the dice, but I cook to internal temps that are 15-20 degrees lower for beef, pork and lamb. Five 10 degrees lower for poultry.

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I do too since you have to let it rest. For example say a pork loin I cook till it hits an internal temp of 140 to 145 degrees and remove it from the oven. By the time it is ready to slice up it is usually right at 160 deg. Unless you drop food into an ice bath most will continue to cook.

High Cheese

Saucier
Well, Bams, I almost agree on the poultry temps, and maybe the pre-cooked ham (to heat).

I realize that the USDA has to be conservative, and maybe I'm rolling the dice, but I cook to internal temps that are 15-20 degrees lower for beef, pork and lamb. Five 10 degrees lower for poultry.

Lee

Ditto.

I like my pork pink in the middle. :shock:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yah when they made these charts... meat was alot more dangerous...u werent suppose to eat pork pink ...yada yada yada..lol