Dumb question of the evening.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Given the great success of my Tuna noodle casserole, I thought I would seek ideas first.

I bought a Chuck Steak for tomorrow. All I have ever done with them is make Hamburger and I have some of that frozen.

Any suggestions for a weekday meal that can be preped in about an hour to an hour and a half and is tasty?

Thank You in Advance.

Andy

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry Sass, I was not clear. There has to be another way to prepare it. Fried, marinated, something.

Biskit

Marinade and slow cook it with cream of mushroom soup over the top. Add onions or anything else that'll enhance the flavors for you.
The soup/gravy can go over your potatoes and you can steam up your favorite veggies to go along!

homecook

You could grill or broil it but only to medium rare. You could also marinate it first.

It's a pretty tough cut of meat that is usually braised, like in stews. IMO

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I used a chuck steak once to make with an almost disasterous dish over white rice.
It was ok.
Believe the horrible pictures are on here somewhere lol

Keltin told me how to prepare it, it wasn't quite as tough as it should have been given some of my cooking skills.

I'm with Barb, only to medium rare and marinated first.

Biskit

On Barb's and Sass's note; Chunk it, put it in the crock pot all day on low and simmer with plenty of onions. Mix your favorite bbq sauce, poor over it and heat through again for some tasty bbq's!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
One of my favorite meals growing up was Mom's "Greasy Beef." Mom would take chuck roast (usually about 5#), season & pan sear it in a large Magnolite Roaster, add some water, celery, onions, big chunks of carrots and quartered potatoes to fill the roaster. She would cover the pot and put it in the oven for a couple of hours until the meat was fully cooked. She then put all the veggies in a big serving bowl , the meat got sliced up and was returned to the pan after making gravy from all the liquid in the pan, and sometimes the veggies were also tossed back in the gravy for a swim. It was a one-pot meal that we all loved (5 boys). Sometimes she would make polenta as a side, and we would ladle it over chunks of polenta. A couple loaves of fresh Italian bread and lots of butter was a MUST with this meal.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Why don't you marinate the steak overnight Andy, in some red wine, worcestershire and garlic, then grill it tomorrow?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One of my favorites for chuck steak is Steak Pizzaiola. So easy and so good!

Lee

STEAK PIZZAIOLA
2 lb. piece of boneless chuck steak about 3/4" thick (or whatever you have!)
1 (35 oz.) can Italian style tomatoes
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. parsley
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 med. onion, sliced

Shredded mozzarella cheese

Place steak in a roasting pan. Crush tomatoes and place them on the steak, adding remaining liquid to the pan. Place sliced onions on top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle the oregano, salt and parsley over the steak. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 2 hours or until meat is tender when pierced with a fork. (If sauce tends to become too thick while cooking, add a small amount of water to the mixture.)
Last 15 minutes or so, top the steak with shredded mozzarella and keep in the oven until melted.

homecook

Last edited:
Last edited:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank You everyone. I truely believe that I can surpass the Tuna Caserole LOL. It also seems that Dinner will take 2 hours, any way I look at it. Just the way it is. Weeknights are short. I get home by 6:00.

Thank You

Andy