What's cookin' Funday ; 11/15

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Good for you for getting the jicama done. I could have gone over to Giant where I'm quite sure they'd have had jicama, but it didn't fit into my schedule of napping yesterday... Had it been summer I would have forced the issue.. Anyway.....

It's going to be nice enough outside today to get the house ready for the holidays..so I needed to come up with something quick. Eventually, Lou and I will sit down to veal parmigiana with a side of pasta and pomodoro sauce. Probably some garlic bread slices, as well.

chowhound

Breakfast was cookin'.

breakfast 11-15.jpg

Tonight I'm planning on using the leftover bacon grease to cook some liver and I'll make some mashed potatos to go with it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Hot dogs, steak fries and tossed salads for 250 peeps at church. Then off to Smokey Bones to meet Buzz, Homecook & Pie Susan. Maybe I'll make a little something sweet for Buzz to share along the way as he heads South. Maybe something cinnamony & sticky...yeah! I think I know what to make.

homecook

Hot dogs, steak fries and tossed salads for 250 peeps at church. Then off to Smokey Bones to meet Buzz, Homecook & Pie Susan. Maybe I'll make a little something sweet for Buzz to share along the way as he heads South. Maybe something cinnamony & sticky...yeah! I think I know what to make.

I'm going with him!! :lol:

joec

Gold Site Supporter

Send some extra with him Joe........PLEASE...:smile:

Deelady

Have fun tonight you guys!!!! :D

my options are either some sort of chicken thighs or some sort if portk ribs.........or soup! lol got some deciding to do!

chowhound

Almost worth the two hour drive... just to get my hands on one of Joe's sticky buns... :wink:

No, it probably is worth the drive

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure what I'll be eating this evening.

If I didn't have to work, I'd be driving to some part of Ohio to meet a few people ;)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Not sure what I'll be eating this evening.

If I didn't have to work, I'd be driving to some part of Ohio to meet a few people ;)
Call in sick. The sticky buns will go in the oven in 30 minutes. Plenty to share and there's always room at the table for one more. We would love to have you join us.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Call in sick. The sticky buns will go in the oven in 30 minutes. Plenty to share and there's always room at the table for one more. We would love to have you join us.
Joe, believe me- I'd do that sweety, but we're working short staffed as it is right now. I am needed on the unit, this weekend especially with the dialysis admissions.

You guys have a grand time, and take LOTS of pictures :brows:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The Sticky Buns Express is in the oven!

P1020229.jpg

Had to wait for these Honey Whole Wheat guys to get out of the way...

P1020228.jpg

Hmmmmm...I wonder if they eat Honey Whole Wheat bread in Lexington? Probably not.:whistling:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
No telling what people eat that are from Lexington but I'm from Florida. Hell yes it all is good for me. :shock:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
After looking back, I feel terrible about hijacking this thread. I just got caught up in the passion of the baking moment, knowing I will be able to bring a few smiles to fellow foodies faces with my goodies. Here is a two-stage look at what came out of the oven a little while ago. Here are teh sticky buns as baked...

P1020230.jpg

And here they are after the pan is inverted onto a foil-wrapped tray...

P1020232.jpg

And here is the one me and DW get to keep for us. Note the differences of the edges between the two batches. The large batch was baked in an amber colored glass baking dish, and the one below was made in a shiny aluminum cake pan. The vessel really does make a difference when baking.

P1020231.jpg

That's the end of my highjack. I need to go make dinner for the peeps at church. BTW, there are care packages for Buzz, JoeC, Susan and Barb.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm with you Barb and if they are as good as they look my wife may want to move in with him. :yum:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i am going nuts here. i have the other half of the package of chicken breasts (the large package was on sale and i didn't want to freeze the other half) and no one can agree what i should make for dinner!!

homecook

I'm with you Barb and if they are as good as they look my wife may want to move in with him. :yum:

They're better than they look Joe, I've had them at the baking class he put on.........it's like you've died and gone to heaven!! :in_love:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
They're better than they look Joe, I've had them at the baking class he put on.........it's like you've died and gone to heaven!! :in_love:

Sounds great and sure looking forward to it but then I had a hunch Joe's abilities baking are excellent. Got to give the devil his due, it is obvious the man can cook. :respect:

Died and gone to heaven...........should I be worried.... :shock:

Oh and for dinner tonight no idea other than I made a big pot of navy beans with smoked ham hock. So we will probably have that tonight for dinner since it has been a pretty quite day around her today.

chowhound

My pork and barley soup is done. I'll probably have a cup before I make dinner tonight.

Attachments

• Soup, Pork & barley.jpg
    Soup, Pork & barley.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 96