Whats cooking Friday November 13, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
ut oh friday the 13th!!

i start work today so i have no clue what or when dinner will be.

what about you?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Got too much to do today to even THINK about what supper might look like. Hopefully DW won't be quite as busy.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lou and I spent last night in Philly so we stopped by the Italian Markets on 9th Street this morning. Cannot do Philly without a stop to Taluttos.

I picked up balsamic olives, half a pound of mortadella, provolone, pesto agnolotti salad, pumpkin butter, orange olive oil, ciabatta and mini baba au rums.

We picked up a bottle of Michters Bourbon at the tasting party..

K

Kimchee

I am making Mushroom Swiss burger gravy, served over rice noodles.
Brown some bison (got it cheap, what the heck), Golden mushroom soup, touch
of Worchestershire, and right before serving will stir in some sour cream.
Cheese will be shredded on top.
Gonna taste like a fast food joint mushroom swiss burger!
With early peas and a salad.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
late dinner tonight. i put the original eye round in the freezer yesterday and hub brought home another smaller one this morning (they are on sale at shop-rite). so i will cook after i get home.

chowhound

That sounds good, Kimchee. I love one pot, burger concoctions.
Did we mention we like pics? :thumb:

I'm going to make my seared, then pressure cooked country ribs. Good thing I checked the fridge, as I'm out of carrots, so a quick trip to the store is in order. I might find some other veggies while there, too.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That sounds good, Kimchee. I love one pot, burger concoctions.
Did we mention we like pics? :thumb:

I'm going to make my seared, then pressure cooked country ribs. Good thing I checked the fridge, as I'm out of carrots, so a quick trip to the store is in order. I might find some other veggies while there, too.
i have 5 lbs of carrots chow. i was thinking of either roasting or steaming carrots and celery together.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Cornish Hens with Rice Stuffing and Asparagus with Swiss cheese

cornishhen1.jpg

asaragus.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Cornish Hens with Rice Stuffing and Asparagus with Swiss cheese

cornishhen1.jpg

asaragus.jpg

oh my gawd mama!! adopt me and feed me right now!! i am so hungry and i won't be leaving work for another 1 1/2!! that looks sooooooooooooooo gooooooooood!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had a sort of brunch meal - sausage, bacon, potato wedges, broccoli and garlic mushrooms.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, we made this carrot souffle a couple of nights ago and it was soooo good.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/carrot-souffle-recipe/index.html
It calls for 3 lbs. of carrots so you should be set. And where are you working, girlfriend? I didn't even know you were looking for a job!

Mama's in the house!!! WooHoo! I am so glad to see you here. I've just started reading your new cookbook and it's fantastic! You outdid yourself! (Your dinner tonight looks divine, too!)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Peeps, we made this carrot souffle a couple of nights ago and it was soooo good.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/carrot-souffle-recipe/index.html
It calls for 3 lbs. of carrots so you should be set. And where are you working, girlfriend? I didn't even know you were looking for a job!

Mama's in the house!!! WooHoo! I am so glad to see you here. I've just started reading your new cookbook and it's fantastic! You outdid yourself! (Your dinner tonight looks divine, too!)

Thanks FM!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Barb! I've got 6 more cornish hens in the freezer. They had them on sale the last week at Kroger 2 for $4.95...I bought 8...I couldn't resist.

Deelady

I'm ashamed to say what we had esp. after seeing Mamas pics and whatothers are having!! :blush::blush::blush::blush: Lets just say it was quick easy and convenient after dropping hubby at airport!!

homecook

I remember when the regular price was 2/$5. I use to buy them all the time. Now I think they're like 2/$8 and I have to make 4 for dinner at a time. I'll have to keep checking the prices because we really like them. Too bad Kroger moved out of here over 30 years ago!

GotGarlic

I'm making pork chops pizzaiola, which I had never heard of before Vera mentioned making it some time back, along with spaghetti, garlic bread and a green salad.

chowhound

I just read in USA Today online that the poultry farmers are cutting back, at least where full sized chickens are concerned. They said there is actually a shortage of wings right now :shock: And of course this will only affect prices.
Did I mention there was a shortage of wings right now :shock:

Deelady

I just read in USA Today online that the poultry farmers are cutting back, at least where full sized chickens are concerned. They said there is actually a shortage of wings right now :shock: And of course this will only affect prices.

Probably all thanks to YOU Chow!!!:yum::yum::yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Well Fred, hang in there for a couple of months until Super Bowl time and when they have them on sale, stock up! That's what I try to do.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Naw...Fred. The stores will lose money on them so they can draw people into the store to buy the other stuff. They may have a limit on them but you can always go back and buy more.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Now that I just learned to like chicken wings again both my meat suppler and the chicken guy have closed shop due to health problems. Meat supplier had a bad car accident and chicken guy died. I'm back to the supper market like the rest of you now so won't be much fowl in my future unless I can find another soon.