NCT will be going down this afternoon

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be taking NCT down to move to a new server.
If you are editing a long post be sure to save it before clicking the submit button so you don't loose it. With luck the outage will last about an hour.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We are back. I had trouble getting my workstation to resolve correctly.
from a dos prompt running:
ipconfig /flushdns
will clear things up if nslookup netcooking talk IP ends in .196
if it ends in .186 that is the OLD NCT server.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For those wondering ....
FF db restore took 1 1/2 hour and failed (cause my connection was lost). I have kicked off the process again and it is close to one hour in. As long as my connection stays good we should be back up over there in 45 minutes.
do a: ipconfig /flushdns
to help find the new site quicker.

Deelady

I didn't understand a single thing you said but......Thank you for getting us up and running again!!! :D :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: no problem Dee. You are here so you are doing fine and you are more than WELCOME!!!!!! I'm kinda crazy in that I love this stuff. :yum:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
:yum: no problem Dee. You are here so you are doing fine and you are more than WELCOME!!!!!! I'm kinda crazy in that I love this stuff. :yum:
i think i am here.

i love this stuff also!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I hear that some are having DNS resolving issues again. Hopefully all will be able to resolve our new DNS address soon. This will be the LAST DNS change for a long long long time. :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just got word from FM. She is having trouble getting to NCT. I suspect a lot of folks are. My bad. I thought wrongly that changing DNS in two phases would make the change from yesterday nearly seamless. Boy was I wrong. :hide:
I apologize to all for the extra frustration.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I left him instructions on NCT's facebook page. They might help but only if his DNS server has the right address for NCT. Frustrating for sure.
Again I'll say, not more DNS changes. We be set now. Sorry for all the aggrivation. :hide:

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm here. i did an nlookup and saw it was still .186, so i flushed my dns.

it worked once or twice, then kept going back to .186.

so i cleared my cookies, browsing history, and flushed again.

looks good. thanks doc.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Whew! I finally made it! I flushed my dns, but it didn't work. Finally, I guess it flushed itself and all is well.

Ronjohn

All this talk of flushing....

smiley-toilet07.gif

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads-up, Doc. So is the new server in place yet, or are you still working on it?