i with the flu & i cannot shake it!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
over 2 months ago i got the flu, & i've been with it since. then a few days ago i began sneezing, & got an earache. i'm already with stomach stuff. i just needed to complain for a minute! thanks!

homecook

Aww luvs.........have you been to the doctor? I was sick for 3 weeks and I know where you're coming from.............Get Well soon!

Deelady

getwell%20(4).gif

Hope it passes for you soon!!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
awwww, thanks, guys! luv the kitty, he-hee! i'm soooo worn from this, i was hosp. 4 times. other than that, i got a 2 scopes, & a couple scans. lots of getting sick, they said it's stomach flu, though. i sweat through the day/night, toss & toss some more, i don't get it. i wash constantly, so where i got these ickies from? i've tried tramadol, also aspirin for my headaches, etcetera, & chewy rolaids that i keep getting sick from so i don't like those, & pepto. ughhhh!!!!!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
luvs, I have been having a hard time getting over the bug 100% as well. I was told by my dr that I am not contagious but still I am tired and run down and weaker than I should be. I need to gain back some of the weight I lost.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awwww, luvs, I am so sorry to hear you are sick. Your schedule is very hectic, but try to take care of yourself as much as possible. If you are fatigued, listen to your body and rest every chance you get. Also, try and stay well hydrated. I wish I was closer so I could feed you soup and do your housework so you could rest til you get well. Hugs to you, sweetie.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Two months, luv? God, that's horrible!

Hope you feel better soon!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i am so sorry luvs sweetie. so this is why you can't eat and are losing weight. but you still need to force fluids and some food or you will never get better at all. your body needs fuel to burn and as much fluids (water, tea and/or broth) you can put in. even if it comes back up keep trying because some will stay. trust me on this i was sick as hell with both pregs sometimes nothing stayed down and doctor said that after i got sick i had to right away drink a big glass of something and eat a bit because something will stay down and thats whats important.

i am in NJ if you need me PM i am just a short drive away.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I forgot to mention, luvs, if you can manage to eat yogurt (the kind with live cultures in it), it can really help normalize your gut after illness. Try for a couple of servings a day.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanks, guys. sneezing isn't frequent since i woke! at like 12:30, he-he. at least i'm allowed to sleep. fish, i'll send ya a message. :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
took awhile, i'm flu-less& both my colds went away. both flus, too. yins who were with flu this season probably were just as grateful to lose the bug. i was so sick. i've lost 3.5 pounds since last nite, just IV fluids though i'm healthy now. thank the dear Lord. i went into a seizure thanksgiving left the 'piddle yesterday. i'm hungry again & love that! luv to yins guys! navigating my new netbook now!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
well, thank you kindly! ahhhhh, to consume food & alcohol again is lovely stuff! i didn't consume food for a month, only hydration, & i kept losing that. in the piddle they gave me anti-anxiety pills/injections to sooothe my stomach & placed me on a special diet, & i loved the food. lost 3.5 pounds since last nite, though. probably excess iv fluid.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i extended my leave from school, i'm too weak! last illness was 6th grade! i'm getting too thin; it's affecting me. i HAVE to gain some pounds.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awww, Luvs, I've been so worried about you. I was afraid you were in the hospital, which it sounds like you were. I am sooooo sorry you have had to leave school for a while. I know how much it means to you. But it's better to concentrate on getting you well and putting some weight on you. Are you able to eat now? I know after not eating for so long, it's hard to get your stomach to accept food. Take it one bite at a time, sweetie, and keep checking back here with us. We're missing you and worrying about you.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Glad to hear you are felling better Luvs! Sounds like the flu hit you pretty hard.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
it sent me into a month of illness, mama. it was 2 flus & 2 colds. thank you. i'm so relieved to be healthy again. i was doubled over this morning with my stomach from iron pills, i'm very anemic & my potassium was very low. not great. last 2 seizures, my heart quit over my low potasssium. i'm with a defribbilator now. luv ya, dear mama.

GotGarlic

How anemic, luvs? I tend to that, too. Has your doctor said anything about a blood transfusion? That can be done outpatient, if there's a chemotherapy infusion center near you. I would think there's at least one in Pittsburgh.

Also, there are different formulations of iron supplements. Ferrous sulfate doesn't sit well with me, but I can take ferrous gluconate.

Take care.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'll see 'bout your iron supplement; mine doesn't agree with me very well. my stomach cramps & stuff. then i spend the day on the pot. i was transfused a few years ago; just one unit..... i didn't inquire 'bout my iron value this hospitalization. they just said it was very low.