Whats cooking Monday November 9, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i have to use the chop meat i didn't use for meatloaf last night. so it will be meatloaf or something with chop meat.

what about you?

Lefty

Yank
Hot dogs with sourkraut and mustard. French fries. Dill pickle.

Perfect fare for watching Monday night football.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We are having Pollock fillets (fish), mashed potatoes and steamed collie flower.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I have a silverside beef joint in the oven. Roast beef, broccoli and a spiced yoghurt gravy to go with it.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I just came home from the dentist. She had to do the crown for the root canal I had 2 weeks ago. I think I'll be eating soft food tonight.

Maybe some haddock.

Deelady

I'm making the Chines Garlic Fried Chicken, Steamed rice, and some of the mupia I have frozen, with some sort of veggie on the side...thinking edammame and corn.

I also hope to make the apple crumble Ive been craving but dear huby is hinting for chocolate chip cookies :glare:

homecook

I'm making the Chines Garlic Fried Chicken, Steamed rice, and some of the mupia I have frozen, with some sort of veggie on the side...thinking edammame and corn.

I also hope to make the apple crumble Ive been craving but dear huby is hinting for chocolate chip cookies :glare:

Sounds to me like you need to make both...:whistling:

Deelady

I've tried that excuse before and was shot down.....didn't work! lol But I am still under 10 lbs gained (just under 7 months) so I think I have a little wiggle room for weight gain!! ;) :D :D

homecook

I've tried that excuse before and was shot down.....didn't work! lol But I am still under 10 lbs gained (just under 7 months) so I think I have a little wiggle room for weight gain!! ;) :D :D

Damn!!! I gained 75 lbs. with each one. :ohmy: I'd say you have alot of wiggle room. :D

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Probably progresso soup and a philly pretzel. I wanted the venison soup, but so many of my staff members saw it posted on my facebook page that they demanded some on pain of death.....:bounce:I have to bring it to work tomorrow.

suziquzie

I'm making Buzz's potato flake chicken.... and whatever frozen veggie is on top of the pile in the freezer :)

Deelady

Here dinner, Garlic fried chicken with steamed rice, edamamme and corn, with lumpia on the side.

Attachments

• hoover 181.jpg
    hoover 181.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 211
  • hoover 178.jpg
    hoover 178.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 317

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Meatloaf, homemade creamed spinach, mashed taters and burgundy gravy.

creamed_spinach_meatloaf_110909_1_P1040708.JPG

creamed_spinach_meatloaf_110909_2_P1040710.JPG

creamed_spinach_meatloaf_110909_3_P1040713.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peepers, how did you get that caramelized crust on your loaf? That really looks good.

thank you chow. i put it in oven at 350F - convection roast for 1 hour, then
425F - convection roast for 15 minutes. internal temp after 1 hour 15 minutes was 157F.

chowhound

hmmm, no convection oven. Maybe I'll just try cranking it up towards the end and see what happens.
Do you free form your meatloaf, also?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
hmmm, no convection oven. Maybe I'll just try cranking it up towards the end and see what happens.
Do you free form your meatloaf, also?

i always free form my meatloaf so it gets crusty and the grease drains away. i think a loaf pan makes the loaf boil in the grease and no crust forms.

no problem chow, before i had a convection oven (my new oven is regular oven, regular bake and regular roast or convection bake or roast options) i just did it in the toaster oven or my regular oven at a high temp.

chowhound

Thanks Peeps and Lefty.
I like the way my loaf comes out now, boiling in grease and all (lol), but damn... that looks pretty damn good!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps and Lefty.
I like the way my loaf comes out now, boiling in grease and all (lol), but damn... that looks pretty damn good!

thank you chow and i didn't mean to offend you. my mom never used a loaf pan either. a friends mom did hers in a loaf pan and her loaf was always soft, greasy and grey. no crust at all not even on the top!! :shock:

chowhound

You didn't offend me at all, peeps.
Hell, even though I only grill my wings now, that doesn't mean I would eat fryed ones ;^)
Same difference.