What's Cooking for Sunday, November 8, 2009?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I have a young chicken about 3# that will either go on the grill or be baked in the oven. Still not sure.

Lefty

Yank
I got up early and made a home made chicken stock out of a couple of rotisserie chickens. I then made some chile verde. I did it for the first time and am liking the initial outcome. I am going to let it simmer for a few hours before I give it the taste test and make some mods then. The house smells incredible. I was surprised to see how easy it is to make. I think I will serve it on corn tortillas with some guacamole and sour cream. Pics to follow.

Mr. Green Jeans

I got up early and made a home made chicken stock out of a couple of rotisserie chickens. I then made some chile verde. I did it for the first time and am liking the initial outcome. I am going to let it simmer for a few hours before I give it the taste test and make some mods then. The house smells incredible. I was surprised to see how easy it is to make. I think I will serve it on corn tortillas with some guacamole and sour cream. Pics to follow.

If time and circumstance allow toast those corn tortillas over an open fire.Doing that brings out that toasted corn, nutty flavor. I never much cared for corn tortillas until my Mexican co-workers set me straight.

Love2"Q"

going to smoke a pork loin ..
not sure what else but i know some margret holmes collard greens will
be on my plate .. those things are tasty ..

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Something I've not made in a couple of weeks now, spaghetti, meat balls, salad and garlic bread.

Lefty

Yank
If time and circumstance allow toast those corn tortillas over an open fire.Doing that brings out that toasted corn, nutty flavor. I never much cared for corn tortillas until my Mexican co-workers set me straight.
I was going to toast them on dry cast iron. I will have to try it. Thanks

Mr. Green Jeans

Not sure yet what's going to be on the menu. At hand I have a summer & most of a fall's worth of recipes (mostly from you guys) that have accumulated. Yes, I should get with the times and save them to my laptop but putting a 'puter in my kitchen would be a death sentence! Anyhow, when DW was looking for a recipe and dozens fell from the binder, I got the "Isn't it about time you file this s_ _ t!" So here I be.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
early plans for dinner are meatloaf, taters some how probably mashed, gravy, spinach, steamed carrots or baked sweet tater and acorn squash mash (I may save that for chicken tomorrow).

I baked chocolate chocolate chip muffins this morning, they are yummy!!

chocolate_choclate_chip_muffins_110809_1_P1040689.JPG

chocolate_choclate_chip_muffins_110809_2_P1040694.JPG

chocolate_choclate_chip_muffins_110809_3_P1040698.JPG

Last edited:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We went to a cafe for lunch. The boys had lasagna and DW and I had fish & chips. We followed this with white chocolate & strawberry muffins.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
My plan is fried pork chops, mashed sweet potatoes and buttered peas...but after working in the yard for a couple of hours and doing a 3 mile walk I'm kind of bushed. I'm thinking it might be burgers from the diner...
Still too early to tell.

Deelady

Oh those muffins look wonderful my daughter would be in heaven!!! Do you have a recipe?? I was actually think of making either carrot cake muffins or and apple crumble today.

As far as dinner I am either thinking of Chinese garlic fried chicken....or something Hawaiian. I'd better decide soon because I still need to pull the meat out of the freezer!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh those muffins look wonderful my daughter would be in heaven!!! Do you have a recipe?? I was actually think of making either carrot cake muffins or and apple crumble today.

As far as dinner I am either thinking of Chinese garlic fried chicken....or something Hawaiian. I'd better decide soon because I still need to pull the meat out of the freezer!!
thank you. i'll have to type it up. give me some time ok sweetie.

chinese garlic fried chicken sounds yummy. got a recipe available?

suziquzie

My baby girl turns 4 today, she wants hot dogs for dinner and a pink snowball cake
:)
So, hotdogs.... and a pink snowball cake of course!

GotGarlic

I'm making braised pork chops with onions and apples, spatzle, and sauteed green beans. Brownies or chocolate/peanut-butter ice cream for dessert. Or maybe brownies crumbled over chocolate/peanut-butter ice cream for dessert! :wink:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Oven baked chicken thighs brushed with Heinz 57 sauce, honey and paprika-- with buttered garlicky rice.

H57 chicken and buttered rice.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
Here's my Chicken Provencal. No recipe but I'll tell you what's in it: Thigh/leg quarters, evoo, red potato wedges, tomatoes, carrot, celery, capers, anchovy paste, garlic, white wine, chicken stock, calamatta olives, fresh thyme, sage and rosemary.

Field greens salad with a fig vinaigrette.

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

Last edited:

Deelady

Man those chicke dishes look sooo succulent!!

We ended up going out to the park for the afternoon and on theway home I gave in to a guilty pleasure......whopper from BK :oops:

Peeps I'll type up the chicken recipe up for you aswell:D

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Me and DW traded places in the kitchen today so I could clean out the gutters, cut the grass and mulch all the leaves...a 5 hour project. My butt was dragging when I came into the house, only to be met by the smell of one of my favorite comfort foods, roasted chicken. She did a fine job as usual. (I ate both legs and thighs...urp!)

P1020210.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Barb!
Looks like it was chicken day on NCT lol
Everyone's looks superb.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
beautiful meals everyone!!

i can't see your pic sass :sad: but it sounds wonderful!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Change of plans

Dinner was Lentil soup with basmati rice

basmati_rice_lentil_soup_110809_P1040702.JPG

Last edited:

homecook

My baby girl turns 4 today, she wants hot dogs for dinner and a pink snowball cake
:)
So, hotdogs.... and a pink snowball cake of course!

Happy Birthday LegoGirl!!!

Me and DW traded places in the kitchen today so I could clean out the gutters, cut the grass and mulch all the leaves...a 5 hour project. My butt was dragging when I came into the house, only to be met by the smell of one of my favorite comfort foods, roasted chicken. She did a fine job as usual. (I ate both legs and thighs...urp!)

P1020210.jpg

Looks great Joe!

Meatloaf, mashed taters/mushroom gravy and kernel corn.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 82