Whats cooking Friday November 6, 2009?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just baked this pan of cornbread for my friend's b'day party. I'm taking it over this afternoon to go with the salad & lasagna.

Making a luscious 7-Up pound cake, also for the party. I'll post a pic of that also, when it's done and cooled. :chef:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Packed a big fat vegetable/ranch dressing wrap for work and some celery and carrot sticks-- blueberry yogurt, some cashews and my ever present bottle of water.
Will swing by The Grind and get a cappucino on the way in.

chowhound

Good looking cone brade, Sherm.

So far what is cooking is an Italian fattie sandwich for lunch.
I'm hoping what I took out of the freezer last night is beef and barley stew. If it's thawed enough, I'll have that for dinner.

Attachments

• fattie sandwich.jpg
    fattie sandwich.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 118

suziquzie

never made my beans n rice yesterday so its' in the crock and im going back outside to not play in the leaves.
anyone want to get me a yard vac for christmas?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have another batch of chicken wings marinating in butter milk and Frank's Hot sauce for hot wings tonight. I also have a fresh batch of Cookies Mustard Potatoes made as well as some home made cole slaw in the refrigerator to have with the wings.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have another batch of chicken wings marinating in butter milk and Frank's Hot sauce for hot wings tonight. I also have a fresh batch of Cookies Mustard Potatoes made as well as some home made cole slaw in the refrigerator to have with the wings.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

We're having fajitas tonight.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I just want my man...........so no time to dicker around in the kitchen this afternoon.
Mount Gay Rum, :wub::wub::wub:, and probably a pizza from a local brick oven joint.

homecook

After the day we've had and if anyone is up and moving around I plan on making a pork loin, butternut squash, alfredo noodles and au gratin potatoes. Otherwise it's get whatever you want, when you want. lol

Deelady

Yum!!! Sherman and Chow, very nice!!

I made Fettucini Alfredo with Broccoli and chicken and a side of garlic herb bread.

Attachments

• hoover 172.jpg
    hoover 172.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Deelady

Dee, your dinner looks awesome!! So nice and creamy......

:D thanks Barb and Cooksie.

Barb I actually made my sauce a little differently this time, I forgot to buy whipping cream at the store so I made my alfredo sauce just using a roux, reg milk, parm cheese, salt and pepper. Didn't even really miss the heavy cream!

homecook

:D thanks Barb and Cooksie.

Barb I actually made my sauce a little differently this time, I forgot to buy whipping cream at the store so I made my alfredo sauce just using a roux, reg milk, parm cheese, salt and pepper. Didn't even really miss the heavy cream!

Good to know Dee, thanks, I'll have to remember that. I don't always have whipping cream on hand and yours looks very creamy!

Deelady

I LOVE stuffed crust from pizza hut!!! Should I be ashamed of that??!! :blush::unsure: :lol:LOL
Probably because it was my first job and I use to make the BEST stuffed crust personal pan pizzas!!!

buckytom

Grill Master
dee, sherm, vb, i want what you guys had. :applause::mrgreen:

sherm, did you make the cornbread from scratch? if so, may i ask for a recipe? looks awesome. i made a package cornbread for my parents this week that they loved. funny, after all these years i never knew that my family loves cornbread. no one ever makes it.

chow, i'm hoping to make an italian fattie monday. recipe please? not sure how big to roll things out, and how much of each.

dee, you'd better make enough for all of us next time.

we ended up with sushi last night. salads, miso soups, veggie gyoza, marinated baby octopus (which totally freaked out dw as they are whole tiny octopusses about the size of the last digit of your thumb), sashimi platter, sushi platter, brown rice california rolls, and salmon skin hand rolls.

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's a pic of the lasgna that I made for a friend's b'day party yesterday.

There's still another whole pan of it left! Look at all that luscious melted cheese! :applause:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks guys!

It also TASTED awesome! Everyone loved it. They said that I really put my foot in it!