Dinner on Halloween, Sat. 10/31

GotGarlic

Hey, I get to start the dinner thread! It's my first time :blush:

We're going to a Halloween/Birthday party/Potluck tonight. I'm taking these finger foods for the Halloween part, and two kinds of sandwich bites made with homemade rosemary focaccia for the Italian birthday boy: mortadella and asiago with oregano mayonnaise, and prosciutto and provolone with sage mayonnaise.

What have you got in mind?

Deelady

We are going to a Baptism party (odd huh??) :)
We are having, Roasted chicken, collard greens with smoked turkey, Fried chicken wingdings....and I forgot what else she is making, but I know she bought an ice cream cake :D mmmmmmm ice cream!
Ok so I've been having a craving!! :p

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is my weekend to work.
I've packed my din din for today, basil tomato soup, gold fish crackers, yogurt and a nanner lol

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've got one more for the challenge tonight.

Cocktail is the Sazerac!

First course is pan roasted endive with orange slices and anchovy vinaigrette.

Dinner is pasta shells stuffed with pumpkin, fennel and mascarpone cheese with a clam, bacon and sage butter sauce.

Having a hard time pairing the wine with this....

Dessert will be something with apples. I've still got 50 pounds left!

chowhound

Geez, Vera... I thought you'd be down to 47 lbs by now ;^)

I'm going to grill a steak. I'll make a run here shortly for some broccoli to go with it and I'll also grill a baked potato and garlic bread. I'm thinking of melting a lump of frozen garlic/shallot puree (that I made when I cooked lobster tails a couple weeks ago) on the steak for something different.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I'm in the middle of making chicken dopiaza from scratch. DW & JJ are making naan breads and we have bought some samossas & bhajis for the starter, served with raita.

homecook

I was think of making stew.........but steak sounds really good. I'll pull those out of the freezer and have asparagus, baked potatoes and garlic sticks to go along with it.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We are having rib eye's with mushrooms, baked potatoes and asparagus with a salad.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Meatloaf tonight, with mashed spuds and some of the onion pumpernickel I made earlier :)

Attachments

• P1040498.JPG
    P1040498.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 85
  • P1040499.JPG
    P1040499.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 81
  • P1040500.JPG
    P1040500.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 80
  • P1040507.JPG
    P1040507.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 91

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We had a pizza parties with the kids friends, so it was pop, pizza, BBQ chicken wings, chip & dip, and oreo cookies.
Between all that and the candy.... oye....