Dinner Friday Oct 30

Mr. Green Jeans

Its not tonight's dinner but the prep starts today. London broil is on sale so it is jerky time! I will marinate it 24 hours then off to the smoker!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Whatever they'll be serving at work, or.. if the girls want to do the usual Friday pizza thing.

Mr. Green Jeans

Like a finishing sauce for the sandwich?

Ingredients:

* 1 cup prepared yellow mustard
* 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon cayenne

Preparation:
Mix all ingredients together and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes. If your making this sauce for a whole hog multiple the ingredients by about 8.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
not sure. we still haven't gone out to dinner, hub has wanted to all week but things keep getting in the way.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We are having sautéed cod with lemon butter, yellow rice, asparagus and a salad.

homecook

I hope I'm being taken out tonight........another death to deal with and I'm going to Heathers' this afternoon to watch my oldest grandson who is sick. Heather has to be room mother to the youngest one.........

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I hope I'm being taken out tonight........another death to deal with and I'm going to Heathers' this afternoon to watch my oldest grandson who is sick. Heather has to be room mother to the youngest one.........
Another death to deal with?:sad:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Once I get the cocktails flowing through the veins, I'm thinking of mussels and such..

chowhound

I decided to make some beans to go with my butt, if it ever gets past the second stall...
Wait a minute... Beans... Butt... Second stall... nevermind :blush:

bean fixins.jpg

OK, I didn't actually make the beans, but I threw together the important stuff :wink:

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Seems like Fridays are becoming fish day. I can cut out eary and go shopping as well as have time to fire the WFO. So... tonight was striped bass on a bed of baby spinach with mixed rice :)

Attachments

• P1040467.JPG
    P1040467.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 116
  • P1040470.JPG
    P1040470.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 116
  • P1040471.JPG
    P1040471.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 112
  • P1040472.JPG
    P1040472.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 109
  • P1040478.JPG
    P1040478.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 107
  • P1040481.JPG
    P1040481.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 106

homecook

Oh lord..........save me...........to hell with the beans, you've definitely got the important things. Is that your "side" dish?? :in_love:

chowhound

Oh lord..........save me...........to hell with the beans, you've definitely got the important things. Is that your "side" dish?? :in_love:

If this pork butt doesn't kick it in gear, it might turn into my main dish :chef:

Nice pics Warren.
BTW, where do you find striped bass in York? Gawd, I've never seen striped bass in Erie... not that that's sayin' much :bonk: but York?

Deelady

Ingredients:

* 1 cup prepared yellow mustard
* 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon cayenne

Preparation:
Mix all ingredients together and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes. If your making this sauce for a whole hog multiple the ingredients by about 8.

That sounds great! do you have to use it immediately or can you also store it and use as a sort of BBQ sauce?

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I'm not in York... I live in Bechtelsville, a little town West of Allentown, East of Reading, North of Pottstown... I was actually thinking of some more Artic Char (did that last Friday and it was great) but the pieces were too big so I opted for the striped bass. It's a little stand at a farmer's market called Zerns. He always has some beautiful fish, and will get in anything you want to order. Only open Friday and Saturday.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry- I been reading more than posting lately- Last night I read a little of "Where is Kelton?". I see he is back!, and his wife is doing good. Great- Than I read(Maybe read to fast) You can throw meat into a slow cooker with out moisture. Hmmm-
Anyhow- That is what I did. I found this big ole Pork Butt, and I put it on a trivet a few hours ago. It looks like Mr. Green jeans recipe for sauce, just might be what I need before this is done. I miss this place, and I miss you all! Going to school days, and working nights, & transporting my teen around, makes it a little hard! but don't count me out. !

chowhound

Ahhh, that explains it, Warren. For some reason I thought you lived around York. You're eastside. You got it all over there (lol).

Go read the problem thread, Dee. You probably need to do what I outlined.

Well damn, Dan. Get your butt around here more often.
And MGJ's sauce is AWESOME!

Here's errr, my butt!
Great sauce Green Jeans. I can't wait to slap the rest on some wings.

Attachments

• butt1.jpg
    butt1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 104
  • butt2.jpg
    butt2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 101
  • butt3.jpg
    butt3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 98

Blues Man

Individual Scoop's chips stuffed with Chicken, beans, salas, (mine with black olives) and cheeze. Bakes and then topped with sour cream and lettuce..........

100_0940.jpg

100_0941.jpg

Blues Man

Nice PP sandwiches there Chow. Like the slaw on top! What type of BBQ sauce did you use on them?

Ahhh, that explains it, Warren. For some reason I thought you lived around York. You're eastside. You got it all over there (lol).

Go read the problem thread, Dee. You probably need to do what I outlined.

Well damn, Dan. Get your butt around here more often.
And MGJ's sauce is AWESOME!

Here's errr, my butt!
Great sauce Green Jeans. I can't wait to slap the rest on some wings.