Feeling Sad

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I wasn't going to post this at all on this forum, although I did talk about it a little on FF (Doc's other forum I visit).
When I got home this evening, I'd had a phone call from my youngest son Ty.
He and his wife were in the emergency room because she had miscarried.
That baby would have been my second natural born grandchild.
She wasn't that far along, and they were going to save the news and tell me at Thanksgiving.

Other things happened earlier in the day, like finding out I need to get a new furnace/ac unit, then I had a flat tire on the way to work.

Normally my life is pretty uneventful when it comes to bad stuff recently, except for losing Mom in July.
Today really took the cake and almost put me over the edge for some reason.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I am sorry to hear of your day, miscarriages are really hard - DW had 3, including one at 12 weeks. Then not helped by the other things.

Have your favourite tipple, a long soaky bath with your favourite book and it help you to feel a little better.

homecook

Lollie, I am so very sorry about the miscarriage. That's got to be devastating! You're all in my thoughts and prayers..........

The furnace/ac and the flat tire can be fixed but I know it's not an expense you wanted/needed now.

Take care girlfriend, I'm here if you need me...........call me if you want to talk.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Barb is right, the other issues are exasperating but can more easily be righted. (((((Lorelei))))) I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Lollie I am so very sorry to hear this. The tire and furnace are the kind of things that happen and we all feel bad when they happen. I am most sorry for your son and is wife. I know that hurts a lot.

I really do not have any magis words to make it feel better. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that is sime confort to you.

Andy

chowhound

I'm very sorry to hear about the miscarriage.
And if we lived closer I'd hook you up with the furnace.
What a terrible day, but now it's out of the way.

suziquzie

:( sorry to hear this Sass, same thing happened to DH and I between the last 2.... about 4 days after we told everyone we were having another. However, we never would have been blessed with legogirl. I try to make that my bright side......
How miserable to have the rest happen the same day. I hope it gets better. :)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh man, Sass - what a horrendous day!

I hope you took Miniman's sound and lyrical advice ("Have your favourite tipple and a long soaky bath with your favourite book") and that today will be a much better, brighter day.

Take care, Lorelei!

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Furnaces and tires can be handled easily, but not losses such as you son & DIL suffered. You're in my prayers, Sass.

Deelady

I'm so sorry Sass, my prayers to you guys in this difficult time! We are all here for you sweetie! {{{{{hugs}}}}

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awwww, I am so sorry, Sass. There is little sadder than the loss of a new life. All the excitement and hopes and plans are dashed in an instant. I hope your DIL and your son and you are able to help each other heal from this. It's a terrible loss.

And the other things on top of it are almost too much, huh? A new heating/ac system is expensive! Is that going to be a problem right now? I know there were so many expenses when your mom passed. Hugs to you, Sass.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys.
Terry, I have tomorrow off, so I am going to be driving north to spend part of the day with them.
Talked to Aimee this morning, and she's ok. They're all ok.
As far as the other things go.. this morning it pales in comparison.
I'll be alright.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You are the best to go and be with them tomorrow, Sass. I really do think that it makes the sorrow easier to work through when it's shared. Please let us know how your visit goes and how they are doing.

GotGarlic

I didn't see this earlier - I'm sorry this all happened, Sass. I hope you and your family are feeling a bit better today.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Sorry to hear all this Sass, I know hard this kind of thing can be to deal with. We will be thinking of you.