pics not loading ...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Q, what broswer are you using? What OS are you running.

Anyone else who cannot see the pics Q is talking about please post here with the same info and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Love2"Q"

newest version of firefox .. cant remember the number ..
windows vista ...

first time this has happened ..
i even checked to make sure i was allowing pics from here ..

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to post two pics. Tell me if you can see them both.

IMG_0730_r.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0729_r.JPG
    IMG_0729_r.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 49

chowhound

lol, cute, Doc. You're a lucky man.

I use the same everything on three different pcs and every once in a while I'll run into a red x. Like Sass' "ham sannie" the other night. Just a red x, or Q's pics earlier today (which you know), but it's not on every computer, nor the same one everytime.
I did not try clearing my cookies (not to be confused with High Cheese's blowing chunks). I remember doing that to all three to fix the problem a while back, like JoeC had mentioned. Now it's happening again, but sporadically and it could be any machine.

For the heck of it I'm going to check on my computer where Q's pics were not showing up earlier today. And if they still aren't, I'll try clearing my cookies and post what's what.

homecook

OMG Doc.............she is gorgeous!!!! What a cutie-pie!!

Sorry...........off topic. I can see all the pics Love posted!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Greg, you just used this thread as an excuse to post pics of the little peanut.
haha! ;)
What a darling she is!
She's got the most lovely skin and hair. awww!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Doc - There are also issues with the IC result thread they have posted in there in RE: this.

chowhound

Went back out to work and same as before.

doc 1.jpg

Cleared ALL my cookies, even the ones from familiar sites like IE8 asks, and saw this before I logged in.

doc 2.jpg

So, I clicked on one of the image links and I was taken to a page that said I did not have permission to access that page...

Sounds like before, Doc. Sounds like when you had the forum set up to restrict visitors so they could not view pics we posted using the site to upload.
I did log in then and still could not view the pics. It looked like image1 above.

Why I can see them on this pc and not my work pc is beyond me. As far as I know they are carbon copies, except for perhaps the way they are networked. I'm not sure about all that networking stuff and if one computer is considered differently or if the router has an affect.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I can't figure this out.
I've logged on with Firefox and IE both.
Never has there been a problem with viewing pics whether they were attachments or dropped on the page from an image host.
Weird.
________

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Ok--
photobucket pic

NCTDINL2.jpg

same loaded as an attachment using the bottom button (in additional options) OR using the paperclip attachment on the tool bar:bonk:

NCTDINL2.jpg

Who can see what?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I can see all the pics OK. Don't usually have a problem - occasionally an x - Sass's ham sammie one day, then it came up fine and some of Joe V's bread pics had an issue one day. Were fine the next time.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Way off topic but it applies to CH's comment in his post above.

A few days ago I turned off the viewing of pics for guests.
Multiple reasons for this:
We gained 11 members for the 30 some days pics could be viewed by guests..
We gained 16 members the prior 30 days when pics could not be veiwed by guests.

While guests could view pics we had more complaints of slow downs; the more people we have downloading pics impacts all users on the system at that time, plus we use less bandwidth when pics are turned off for guests.

My primary goal is to recruit more members. I can deal with the bandwidth and slow downs, if the member numbers would shoot up because of it. If member numbers actually get smaller because I allow all to view pics, that defeats the purpose and makes for a lower quality browsing experience for all members here. So, my game plan is to turn pics off for a month or so and then turn them back on. Hoping those who got used to viewing pics as a guest will then be prompted to join.
So, now my question is why when pics are turned off for guests does that impact members viewing pics? I'm totally confused on this at the moment but will keep digging and hopefully find another forum that has been through the same issues.

Q, can you see any pics in any post?

Norscaner

post_old.gif
10-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Norscaner
user_online.gif

Mess Cook
reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
Re: sundays football food ..W/pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2"Q"
so .. we had a great time .. lots of great food ..
to much for the amount of people ...
and we were all stuffed at the end of the game ..
Attachment 4657
Attachment 4658
Attachment 4659
Attachment 4660
Attachment 4661
Attachment 4662

If I click on the attachment now it asks to enter username & password

And yet the baby pictures are fine as is the pics Sass posted

This one shows up as X's still this morning
progress.gif

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
post_old.gif
10-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Norscaner
user_online.gif

Mess Cook
reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
Re: sundays football food ..W/pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2"Q"
so .. we had a great time .. lots of great food ..
to much for the amount of people ...
and we were all stuffed at the end of the game ..
Attachment 4657
Attachment 4658
Attachment 4659
Attachment 4660
Attachment 4661
Attachment 4662

If I click on the attachment now it asks to enter username & password

And yet the baby pictures are fine as is the pics Sass posted

This one shows up as X's still this morning

progress.gif
when i click the first above attachment i can see the pic and i'm not prompted to enter username & password. i rarely if ever have problems viewing pics. i did get the log in page once but i can't remember when. i have used 2 laptop - 1 running XP and IE8 and 1 running Vista and IE8. i am having a lot of probs (XP laptop) with this puter but viewing pics isn't one of them. i can't wait to get my Vista laptop back!! jm2

chowhound

OK, here we go.

Right click on the red X and select properties.
Copy and paste the properties into your address bar. Open a new tab if you wish.
When you get the NCT page telling you that you do not have permission to access that page, log in, clicking the remember me button.
Tadaaa, picture.
And... you will now be able to view all those pics that were showing up as red Xs on NCT. I went back and hit the refresh button and pictures that I could not see previously now appeared fine.

And now that I typed all this, I think this is excatly what I had to do last time the permissions were being adjusted.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
OK, here we go.

Right click on the red X and select properties.
Copy and paste the properties into your address bar. Open a new tab if you wish.
When you get the NCT page telling you that you do not have permission to access that page, log in, clicking the remember me button.
Tadaaa, picture.
And... you will now be able to view all those pics that were showing up as red Xs on NCT. I went back and hit the refresh button and pictures that I could not see previously now appeared fine.

And now that I typed all this, I think this is excatly what I had to do last time the permissions were being adjusted.
Wow Fred, I am happy you got that all figured out.
However, I was about to suggest this as your new avatar.

thmiscellaneous_84.gif

:hide::tongue:

chowhound

My new avatar???
Maybe it should be the new NCT logo.
:lol::yum::lol:

I like the one with the smiley poking the X. That one is pretty good though.