What's for Dinner, Monday, Oct. 26?

AllenOK

I'm gonna season a pork butt with salt and pepper, sear it, and into the crockpot it goes. I also plan on searing half an onion, and toasting some Ancho chiles. Those will also go into the crockpot.

Ranch beans and Mexican Rice for sides. Maybe some tortillas as well.

suziquzie

Made Chicken WIld rice soup yesterday and no DH home for diner tonight so fish stix and fries for the kids and leftover soup for him.... me.... I dunno, maybe soup, maybe nothing.... I think the omlette I just made is gonna keep me filled til bedtime. :)

AllenOK

Well, I had to do some quick improvising. I forgot that I had actually bought a picnic shoulder, not a pork butt. I got the onion seared and the chiles toasted. Once the meat was seared, I dropped it into the crockpot. Problem time. The picnic shoulder is to big to fit. So, Plan B. I dropped everything into a larger soup pot and put it on the stove over a low flame. I'll have more juice than I wanted, but I'll probably just reduce that, or I may save it for use as a broth to make soup with, if there's enough for that. PeppA has already mentioned Posole to me.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I just popped in for lunch, and see that DW is making beef tips over noodles. Yum. We have not had this in quite some time, and I'm looking forward to it.

Back to work...

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
It's Soup and Sandwich night- usually it's Weenies & Beanies night, but I've been an invalid, ain't replenished the weenies part..............

So........... It's "Swamp Mull" soup with a chunk of steak.

"Swamp Mull" has no set recipe; you utilize whatever's worked it's way onto the "Use it or Lose it" list in your fridge............ never tastes the same twice LOL

Today, I'll be "utilizing"....
fresh baby spinach leaves (that'lll give it a nice "swampy" look) leftover corn, 2 cups elbows, three carrots, three hard-cooked eggs, broth, water, and whatever spices I grab first................
oh; I'll stir in some grated cheddar right before serving.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Made a big pot of homecook's broccoli cheese soup yesterday so we'll warm that up for dinner :)

chowhound

Whelp... I just won a hearing. Me vs the State of PA.
So I think it's going to be partay food!
Which is drink beer until I get hungry enough to fix something ;^)

homecook

Whelp... I just won a hearing. Me vs the State of PA.
So I think it's going to be partay food!
Which is drink beer until I get hungry enough to fix something ;^)

Good for you Fred!!!!! Sounds like my kind of dinner..........I'll celebrate with you also!!!!!!!!! (it's good for my cold)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
No fair! I can't drink until later this evening, by which time I'll miss all the fun. lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!

ok i hate the bank and i don't like someone in my family at the moment!!

i have no clue whats for dinner. i may just take myself to dinner.