Saturday Dinner 24 October

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
No one is talking about dinner yet????????? it's 12:15 already!!!

Garlic challenge for me tonight..

Still working on the first course - however, the cocktail for the evening is paddy cocktails.

Dinner is roasted garlic gnocchi with pork short ribs. Still working on the rest of that plate, too.

Dessert is probably going to be a citrus pound cake. Got to get busy on that, too. Still have to bake the potatoes for the gnocchi, and roast the garlic. and rub the pork. Should get off this thing here.

So, what's everyone else having tonight?

chowhound

I'll probably grill some chicken wings. Maybe with a garlic infused hot sauce. Not cuz it's the flavor of the week, cuz I wants to ;^)

GrantsKat

I have a chuck roast in the crockpot with onion soup mix, garlic and a bunch of other "stuff" :unsure: if it turns out well, I'll let you know what I added:lol:
I will be oven roasting some asparagus & zucchini, I also have some red potatoes, but havent decided what Im doing with them yet, either they will be added to the crock or mashed.....
I think Im going to bake some bread too:thumb:
Happy Eating everyone!:wave:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Just had a purdy little ham sannie, may have some soup in a while.
I feel a bug coming on.. grrrrrr

ham sannie.jpg

leolady

A good hearty beef stew, tossed salad, and cornbread! I will try to take a picture of the stew.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Garlic & sweet chilli sausages with pasta in a tomato & fennel sauce & carrots.

Mr. Green Jeans

Chicken Leg 1/4's were on sale @ $.49 in a 10# package. That said, we're having Trim's Crock Pot 20 Clove Garlic Chicken with baked beets and some salad I have yet to conjure up. Dessert will be grilled figs from my tree with a dollop of marzcapone cheese and drizzled with chocolate sauce.
All that garlic should make me real popular on the plane trip to MN in the morning!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We are doing it quick and easy tonight, flat iron steaks, baked potato and a salad with Tuscany garlic salad dressing.

Deelady

We had a late lunch at a diner (philly cheese steaks, chili cheese fries, and broccoli cheese soup) so I am not even thinking about dinner!

Love2"Q"

not really sure .. doing a bunch of cleaning and stuff around the house ..
i want some wings .. but i know i am making them tomorrow ..
so we will see ..
got a great score on baby back ribs today though ..
$1.98/lb .. i am stocked up ..

GotGarlic

I have a variation of Giada's Baked Italian Chicken with Pastina in the oven. I used a leftover sauteed chicken breast, added about a cup of chopped mixed bell peppers to the onion/garlic saute, and subbed the parsley with basil from the garden I mostly cleaned out today. Will also make green salad and garlic bread.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Hubby and I went out for Italian. I had the spaghetti & meatballs and he had the baked ravioli & meatballs served with side salad and cheese bread...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
After church. me and DW went down to Pie Susan's neck of the woods and had dinner at a neat place called Corky & Lenny's Deli. DW had breakfast of scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and a plain bagel. I had:

THE PHILADELPHIAN - Hot Pastrami with Creamy Cole Slaw & Thousand Island Dressing on Rye Bread with a Cup of Potato Salad and a side of garlic pickles. (urp!)

I have had my semi-annual fix of this great deli food, and can hardly wait to go back.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
wow nice plate there chow!!

everyones food looks and sounds yummy!!

hope you feel better sass!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made jack, cheddar, swiss and pepperoni chips after lunch.

cheese_pepperoni_chips_102409_1_P1040580.JPG

cheese_pepperoni_chips_4_102409_P1040571.JPG

Dinner was farfalle and broccoli tossed with creamy garlic alfredo sauce.

farfalle_brocolli_alfredo_102409_1_P1040589.JPG

farfalle_brocolli_alfredo_102409_2_P1040593.JPG

Last edited:

homecook

Fred, your wings look awesome....as usual!! Peeps your dinner looks good. Lollie, that's my kind of sandwich too. Simple and filling.

I made my creamy shrimp over rice again....I added more garlic and jalapeno cuz DH wasn't home. lol

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Barb, that looks so nice hun.
Yep, Peeps din din looked delicious and so did Fred's (him and his wings lol)
All your dinners were nice.
I had some potato soup later on.

chowhound

Thanks fellow foodies :^)

mmm, pumpkin cheese cake! I'll run to the store and get some more wings, Lee!

I hit the carrots with a good dose of Ken's Steakhouse chunky blue cheese after the pic, MGJ. I didn't want to fight the white glare.

Those chips and pasta look great, Peeps. I definitely need to try making those.

That sauce looks tasty, Barb. What is it? Great looking plate.

Imissed your sandwich Sass... all I see is a red X, but yeah, me and my wings (lol).

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
First Course - sauteed yellow squash with sage derby, black grapes and a port reduction vinaigrette over boston lettuce

Octoberdining091.jpg

Octoberdining093.jpg

Octoberdining094.jpg

Roasted Garlic Gnocchi with pork short ribs. The sauce was made by slow roasting the pork in Sam Adams Oktoberfest Ale. When they were done, removing the pork, putting the pan back on the stove, and adding heavy cream, sage, parsley and toasted pignoli nuts.
Octoberdining098.jpg

Octoberdining099.jpg

Octoberdining104.jpg

Octoberdining103.jpg

Lou always cleans his plate
Octoberdining109.jpg