Friday dinner anyone?? 23 October

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I know it's early....but I'm up and thinking about tonight already. 12 hours till cocktail time.

What are you making tonight?? I still have no clue, but gimme a few hours and I'll have it settled. Oh, by the way, goooood morning.:flowers:

suziquzie

I have a copious amount of eggs in my fridge somehow.... possibly a frittata or strata of some sort.

and good morning!

Lefty

Yank
Good morning Vera. I will probably hit the elks club tonight for a few drinks and grab some take out on the way home.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I have no idea since we cleaned out the old refrigerator last night moving the contents of the freezer to my box freezer and the rest that would could get into my small bar refrigerator. We also threw out a lot of stuff. Hopefully they bring our new refrigerator as scheduled between 8 AM and 10 AM today. We will probably get take out tonight.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Popcorn and ice cream?

Maybe potato chips and JD.

I dunno no motivation yet.

Good morning all the same. Happy Friday.

homecook

I like your dinner suggestions Andy! lol

We're having homemade pizza. I'm adding beer........possibly some tequila to my serving .

High Cheese

Saucier
I dunno. White wine so far...lol.

I'm thinking Chicken Marsala, but I've been fighting a cold for well over a week now and it's not fun having to blow my nose and wash my hands ever 45 seconds while I'm in the kitchen. It took forever to make those ravioli last night, lol. Maybe I can get the DW to 1) cook dinner or 2) at least pound out the chicken.

I did bring some food mags to work so it may change by then.

Blues Man

Pulled pork - if I can get them done by dinner time. I've got 4 - 8-9 lb Boston Butts in the smoker. It's cold, windy and raining so we shall see. I will post some pics later...........

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pizza here too. But not just any pizza. We recently found out that one of our favorite pizza places in Columbus has opened a restaurant about 1/2 hour from our house. We plan to drive on over and get us one (or two). Used to be we'd only have it once or twice a year ....now that'll change for sure.
Donatos Pizza. They make the best thin crust pizza ever w/ edge to edge toppings. We normally order the PMS (Pepperoni Mushrooms and Sausage). Anyone else have one close by?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Pizza here too. But not just any pizza. We recently found out that one of our favorite pizza places in Columbus has opened a restaurant about 1/2 hour from our house. We plan to drive on over and get us one (or two). Used to be we'd only have it once or twice a year ....now that'll change for sure.
Donatos Pizza. They make the best thin crust pizza ever w/ edge to edge toppings. We normally order the PMS (Pepperoni Mushrooms and Sausage). Anyone else have one close by?
Not here Doc, but it sure sounds good!
I've got a local place that's been in business for years.. Jack's.
Pizza Hut isn't as good as it used to be, plus it caught fire a couple of nights ago and is closed right now.
Other than that.. there are a few places around that have great pizza, but they don't compare to Jack's.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Boys are probably going to have Chicken Kievs & wedges. DW & I - I was thinking a fritatta type of thing.

Deelady

another easy night since DF is going to a pub for happy hour with a buddy.....maybe broccoli potato soup (canned :( )

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We have a Donatos Pizza nearby, but we don't care for the flavor. IMHO, the best thin crust pizza comes from MY kitchen, and I think I'll make one so I can use up some of the Corona Extra that are sitting in the fridge staying chilled out. :clap:

chowhound

I may skip dinner.
For lunch I had a mad taste for boiled Smith's hot dogs, so dashed to the store for those and some buns, plus I had some fries sitting in vinegar water since last night, and I finished off the chili I didn't bag. Not feeling too hungry right now :pig:

Attachments

• lunch 10-23.jpg
    lunch 10-23.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 121

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Fish fer deener !

Decisions fer lunch........Ketchup and onion or mustard and relish .....hmmmm.....

beenieweenie002.jpg

Blues Man

Here's 3 of the Boston Butts in the smoker. They have been on 5.5 hours. They are all at about 158 degrees and ready to foil. They will be smoked foiled up to 195 degrees and then placed in a cooler to rest for several hours. I'm smoking them with Royal Oak lump charcoal and hickory chunks.

100_0900.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
ohgodthosehotdogslookgreat!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Lou stopped at Cajun Kates on the way to work...he's got a soft shell crab po boy, half a muffaletta and cochon gumbo!!!!!

Yeah, and I have lots of bourbon!

homecook

We have a Donatos Pizza nearby, but we don't care for the flavor. IMHO, the best thin crust pizza comes from MY kitchen, and I think I'll make one so I can use up some of the Corona Extra that are sitting in the fridge staying chilled out. :clap:

I agree Joe.....Donato's out here is terrible!!

chowhound

Hey Blues. I'd be interested in your temps between the three butts. If they are all reasonably close or not.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've had a Domino's but never heard of Donatos Pizza, perhaps an Ohio only place.

homecook

Actually they're in 5 states........I don't know what they are though except for Ohio. They did start in Columbus, Ohio.

OMG, Fred!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL