What's for dinner tonight gang? Wed 10/21/09

smoke king

Banned
Pork Chops w/ a black currant sauce, and I am toying with the idea of rigging my steamer into a stovetop smoker for some Yukon golds.

I have to give a guitar lesson tonite, so we'll have to see how we're doing on time.

RecipesGalore

I need some suggestions for a quick fix... I am thinking fish? but I am open to anything. I am stopping at the store on the way home

homecook

I was going to make homemade pizza but it's 74 here today so I'm making Beer Butt Chicken on the grill instead. We'll have grilled taters and fresh green beans.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Was such a beautiful day, I figured I should fire up the WFO and eat outside tonight. Picked up some trout. Smashed some cooked red potatoes and then pan roasted them, and asparagus. Forgot to make dessert ;)

Took everything outside on the platter, and assembled on cast iron sizzler pans at the oven.

Attachments

• P1040426.JPG
    P1040426.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 99
  • P1040432.JPG
    P1040432.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 101
  • P1040437.JPG
    P1040437.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 98

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Was such a beautiful day, I figured I should fire up the WFO and eat outside tonight. Picked up some trout. Smashed some cooked red potatoes and then pan roasted them, and asparagus. Forgot to make dessert ;)

Took everything outside on the platter, and assembled on cast iron sizzler pans at the oven.

Those cast iron sizzler pans are cool! I would love to see a finished pic of the fish. It looks soooo fresh.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Dinner is in process......roast has been seared, and red wine, beef broth, thyme, and bay leaves have been added. She is in the oven. Veggies will be roasted separately.

P1010005-4.jpg

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
LOL, the 3rd pic was the finished fish :) Here's a few more pictures. We eat them right on the the cast iron pans, keeps the fish hot and less cleanup :) Did some Arctic Char the same way last week that was wonderful.

Attachments

• P1040435.JPG
    P1040435.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 94
  • P1040436.JPG
    P1040436.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 121
  • P1040438.JPG
    P1040438.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 98

Cooksie

Site Supporter
LOL, the 3rd pic was the finished fish :) Here's a few more pictures. We eat them right on the the cast iron pans, keeps the fish hot and less cleanup :) Did some Arctic Char the same way last week that was wonderful.

:blush: I see the toasted almonds now, duh.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We went out to dinner tonight, partner is in town till tomorrow. We tried a new place the Hilton Hotel Manager told me about (tenants with us) and I have to give this place a very high rating for both food and service. Just excellent food.
http://ketchseafoodgrill.com/

We also went to Lowe's and then Sear's looking for a new refrigerator as the one we have is about to go out. We are putting in new cabinets early next year at which time I will replace the stove and dishwasher but can't wait that long for the refrigerator. This is the one we got which will be delivered Friday.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...ces&cName=Refrigerators&sName=Bottom+Freezers

Shermie

Site Supporter
Homemade Bean Soup.

Was going to put some rice with it, but I decdided to eat it without the rice. :chef:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 103

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Went perch fishing today, and the catch is all cleaned and in the freezer. DW does not eat fish, so we went out to our favorite haunt where she had a turkey roll-up and I had the meatloaf with smashed taters (complete with lumps) and candied carrots.

While fishing I threw back all the white bass we caught (don't like the taste), but I kept 3 nice size rainbow smelts. After cleaning them I removed the backbone and butterflied them...

P1020153.jpg

P1020154.jpg

Then I dredged them in some flour seasoned with S&P...

P1020155.jpg

Then quickly pan fried them in BUTTER...

P1020156.jpg

And the finished fish which didn't last but a few bites...

P1020157.jpg

Quite a tasty treat. It's been years since I had these tasty treats from lake Erie.

chowhound

:blush: I see the toasted almonds now, duh.

Should have been looking at the glassy eyes and crispy tail, but I like my trout's skin done more than that, too :wink:

Nice looking bird, Barb. How'd you get all that gravy? I'm lucky to get enough for myself and maybe one leftover meal.

And great looking soup, Sherm. I love the look of that broth.

Blues Man

What a feast..... :applause: Are those capers and sliced almonds?