VB cost has just gone up

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And I could use a little help.

VB has changed their pricing structure. I have till the end of this month to upgrade and after that the price over doubles to upgrade to the newest license. I just renewed the license for a year last April and now they want 3 times the renewal fee to upgrade to the latest version of what they are calling a VB suite. So .... I would sure appreciate it if a few of you could see fit to re-up your site supporter status in the next few days. And I invite other members to join the Site Supporters group. You will get a few extra bennies like access to the Site Supporter forum, allowed more PM's and a general good feeling knowing you are helping keep ads to a minimum here on Net Cooking Talk.

To donate go to your usercp (user control panel, button on the ribbon bar to the left of new posts) and look near the bottom of the left hand column for "Paid Subscriptions". Click that and it will take you to a paypal connection. If you prefer to send a check via US Mail PM me for the address to send it to.

As always, THANKS for your support.
thumb.gif
biggrin.gif

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
THANKS Joe!!!!!!

For all ..... Please note the usercp/paid subscriptions is a new option. I have set it up for non recurring subscriptions and recurring subscriptions. Recurring means next year on the same day it will automatically re-up your Site Supporter Status. This can be handy, but some prefer to do that manually, so I have provided that option also for both Super Site Supporters and Site Supporters.
If the system does not work correctly for you or gives you any problems please let me knwo and I'll see what I can do to fix it. Thanks Again All!!!!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've been seven weeks without a paycheck, so I'm gonna have to put this off for a while; but I'll get to ya, Doc, soon as I can.......

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Hey Doc, what if you're already a "Site Supporter" and you just want to make a little additional contribution? Could you add an area where you can set the donation? Maybe for Site Supporters only?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Doc, what if you're already a "Site Supporter" and you just want to make a little additional contribution? Could you add an area where you can set the donation? Maybe for Site Supporters only?
Good suggestion.

If you click on the Site Supporter button right under the logo on all pages, and then click the donate tab on that page you can put any amount you want to donate.

I would like to thank those hwo have responded to my request. it is greatly appreciated. Soon we will be on a new bigger server, and we've already paid for the new version of VB Suite which is targeted to be released around the end of the year. The suite will include some new features such as a blog.. I'll offer that feature to all members who are site supporters.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Glad to help Doc since this is about the only site I do support anymore.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Bump. Like Joe, I'm a member at other forums as well; one in particular we both frequent. The owner there has gotten quite heavy handed with management and obnoxious in his monetary needs. In fact, on one hand he complains about the taxes he has to pay, and then on the other that the expenses are out of control... Don't have to pay taxes if you're not making money...

On the other hand, Doc has given us a nice play to chat and play. His requests for help have been quite infrequent, and genuine. Times are tuff, but if you can afford a few bucks, now would be a great time :)