Whats cooking Tuesday October 20, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i have left over pork loin and family wants roast pork and veggie fried rice. i guess thats dinner plan for now.

whats cooking by you?

chowhound

I'm trying to figure which leftover needs used up the quickest. Probably the steak. So I'll slice it up and turn part of it into a cheese steak sandwich, then freeze the rest for fajitas or something down the road. I've got Swiss cheese, just need to pick a pepper. I'll make it on two kaiser rolls. Maybe with a quick garlic soup.

suziquzie

chicken..... for sure..... somehow someway.....

potatoes..... in some form.......

i guess i should think about it BEFORE 3:00 this time beforewe end up with pb$j again....

suziquzie

ok ... i got it..... chicken and dumplings from KA flour's site..... and homecooks roasted cheesy yummy onions.....
:)

homecook

ok ... i got it..... chicken and dumplings from KA flour's site..... and homecooks roasted cheesy yummy onions.....
:)

Oh I hope you like them Suzi!!

I'm undecided............I have a couple things in mind just don't know which ones. I'll get back to youse...........

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I did baked pork chops with rice and gravy, and some spinach on the side...

chowhound

I picked up a loaf of french bread when I picked up the pepper and made fries instead.
I can't believe I'm the first pic. Must be that "summer" thing... :yum:

Attachments

• cheese steak1.jpg
    cheese steak1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 101
  • cheese steak2.jpg
    cheese steak2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 109

homecook

You're such a kidder!!! :mrgreen:

That sandwich looks great Fred!!

I made my son his steak that he didn't get the other night, hubby is having leftover cream cheese chicken. I don't have much of an appetite and I don't know what I'm hungry for.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I picked up a loaf of french bread when I picked up the pepper and made fries instead.
I can't believe I'm the first pic. Must be that "summer" thing... :yum:

Sandwich looks great. I was beginning to think that all the NCT'ers had decided to go on a diet :D.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having pasta with clam sauce (canned clams because that's all I can get around here :() and garlic bread.

However, here's dessert, flan, sort of :smile:.....meow.....:

11cropped.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I had spaghetti and garlic bread, then went swimming at the Y , came back into town to find that our Pizza Hut was on fire with fire trucks, ambulances and (I swear to God) half the community driving around in that area causing the "gawking traffic jam"... grrrrr

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
nice flan cooksie!!

i made jasmine rice then fried it with frozen mixed veggies, onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and roast pork loin.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Spaghetti with clam sauce and garlic bread to sop :mrgreen::

P1010005-2.jpg
that looks sooooooooooooo yummy!!

mine wasn't as juicy as yours the last time i made it so we didn't have much to sop up with our garlic bread but that was just fine with me. :D i love garlic bread!

homecook

Thanks Peeps! It had a weird taste almost like cooked raisins. I can't quite put my finger on it. I'll have to try them in something else...........

buckytom

Grill Master
dw made turkey meataballs and spaghetti. i wasn't feeling well, so i made a plate to bring into work tonight. i'm about to chow down now.

i hate midnight shifts. :yuk:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
dw made turkey meataballs and spaghetti. i wasn't feeling well, so i made a plate to bring into work tonight. i'm about to chow down now.

i hate midnight shifts. :yuk:
sounds good!! i wish i had some right now.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had one of those yesterday, left home at 7:30am. got back at 7:30pm as youngest had an ice skating rehersal. We stopped at Pizza Hut before hand for their Happy Hour.

chowhound

Looks great Chow ........... What kind of cheese did you use?

Thanks everyone.

I used Swiss, Blues. I buttered both halves of the bread, put some onion powder on, set them under the broiler to lightly toast (in the toaster oven), then put the swiss on both halves and put back in to melt the cheese.

Nice bread, Barb. Maybe that black garlic needs mashed up so it's not like eating a raisin...

Good looking spaghetti, Cooksie. I always have some canned clams on hand. They keep longer than fresh :biggrin: