Is anyone cooking today, Thursday, 1-29

homecook

I'm not....I'm going bowling so dh and ds are on their own. There's leftover spaghetti, beef stroganoff, and chicken noodle soup.

Barb:chef:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Not sure what Im going to make yet. I had to get up.... now Im going back to sleep. Your banana bread will be in my dreams Ghetto. :chef:

chowhound

I took some meatballs and spaghetti sauce out of the freezer this morning, so I'll be having spaghetti tonight with garlic bread. No sides. Plenty of beer.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Jambalaya with smoked sausage and shrimp. It's so easy to make in the rice cooker, and the whole family loves it!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I leaning towards a baked ziti with Italian sausage meat sauce (my own sauce), shrimp cocktail and garlic bread. Perhaps a salad too.

Taco Bake, recipie comes from Kraft, so fast. easy. and half cardboard....
Probably a simple side salad with it, maybe a dip and chip appy, like Velveeta mexican with hot dog chili. Served with Coors Light for me, a more exotic beer for DD's boyfriend.

Fred

lilylove

Venison steaks... sauted/fried LOL.. depending on who you ask and what time of day it is
lentil dish (by Vera) THANK YOU!!!
Persian rice and Berries
French Bread
and for dessert Rhubarb coffee cake with caramel sauce and vanilla bean ice cream!

PanchoHambre

No sides. Plenty of beer.

Since when was beer not a side?.... I count it as a grain... according to the food pyramid you need lots of those....

Ok sometimes its the main course.

Tonight still working on that pork... switching over to the tomato braised chops and sausage... some spaghetti with that and depending how the rest of this day goes some red wine.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I was going to make baked ziti but I'm our of ziti so will change that to pork chops, red beans and rice with apple sauce on the side.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I made pasta. The noodles are Barilla PLUS. (the healthier version) and the sauce is a mixture of many things.... I put a LOT of heat in it this time for a nice kick :wink:

Calicolady

The DW is home sick so she might cook. If not, I'll make a quick ragu over farfalle.

Did no one notice what this man said???
His wife is home sick and this tender, compassionate, loving man is hoping his wife will cook.
Somebody bitch slap him. NOW!

Jeeks... you really need to brush those teeth!!!
That his appys, since homecook still hasn't come thru.
Next week she gets the boot off the bus!

It's 7:17pm, I haven't eatin since last night, except coffee this morning, and I still don't know what to have.
Something already cooked and in the freezer, but WHAT?

I got full of leftover pizza at lunch, so didn't even want any supper to speak of. We're now going to do the taco bake another time. My DD is kindly bringing me two tacos form Taco Hell - they probably won't really do me any good either.

Fred

chowhound

LOL, I call it taco hell, too Fred..... maybe that's why we're both Freds. But's it's so damn good, too. :lol:

OK. It's just spaghetti, but it's my spaghetti. I made the sauce and the meatballs and..... uhh, the sauce and the meatballs..... and bought the noodles and sausage. I mean pasta and sausage ;)
And look at that! I DO have in my possesion more than the green can :lol:

Attachments

• spaghetti 1-29-09.jpg
    spaghetti 1-29-09.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 95

Calicolady

And here I am. Not fed yet. Whow is me, so I'm outta here to go finally eat, and watch the end of HELL's KITCHEN.
th_thfaireuncoucou.gif

MMMM Food. Good!

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I played with my Thermomix tonight. Made a barley risotto with sous-vide short ribs :) I'm REALLY getting to love this TMX... unbelievable what it does.

Attachments

• P1030094.jpg
    P1030094.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 94

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Awesome photos of some really tasty looking food! Well.. my idea for shrimp and grits went by the wayside once I discovered I would have to go shopping. Sooooooo.....

Fried spam and egg sammies!!!

buckytom

Grill Master
man, i'm getting hungry.

no dinner for me. after blowing a wad skiing, i jumped on the overtime tonight. so, dinner will be souvlaki, steak fries, and greek bean salad from big nick's on 77th and broadway in a little while.