sunday dinner oct 18th

Love2"Q"

we have a chicken and a chuck roast on the smoker ...
both rubbed with a fajita/taco type seasoning ...
so we will make fajitas with the meat when done ...

homecook

Braised pork steaks with onions, some kind of potatoes and kernel corn. At least that's the plan..........

Blues Man

Ribeye steaks on the grill along with some garlic mushrooms, oven roasted red potatoes and some carrots. My wife made some of her homemade banana cream pudding.

100_0879.jpg

chowhound

Early dinner Blues... Those look like my mushrooms when I am not making a sauce or gravy with them. I like to leave some whole, quarter some, slice some, too. Nice dinner and the pudding sounds great. Post it up in the dessert forum if you would, please.

I'm having sandwiches, ABTs and smoked jalapeno shrooms.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm making French Onion Soup. The onions are still cooking down...

P1020142.jpg

I knew last night that I was going to make this, so I made up some no-knead dough and firmed it up with a bit more flour today, split the dough and made two baguettes that will go in the soup later on.

P1020141.jpg

P1020140.jpg

Isn't that a beautiful crumb? Lots of holes and lots of flavor. Me and DW had to cut into one to insure they were up to our standards.:thumb:

I'll post the finished product later.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I can see them in the post, Buzz. How weird. But I was wondering how you post pics with text in between the pics. I've seen it done before but I can't figure out how to do it.

homecook

I can see them in the post, Buzz. How weird. But I was wondering how you post pics with text in between the pics. I've seen it done before but I can't figure out how to do it.

We had a tutorial on this not too long ago Terry. I keep forgetting about it. lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Deep fried Cajun breaded Catfish with french fries.
I'll give you some of mine if you give me some of yours....Pleeeeeeeeeease???????????:flowers: Damn, I really love deep fried catfish. Meooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!:yum:

Blues Man

Yep - we usually do a main meal at lunch on Sunday's. Going to grill up some chicken fajitas tonight.

I will check with Mrs Blues to see if I can get the pudding recipe from her.

Ribeye steaks on the grill along with some garlic mushrooms, oven roasted red potatoes and some carrots. My wife made some of her homemade banana cream pudding.

100_0879.jpg

Blues Man

Great looking bread JoeV ............
I'm making French Onion Soup. The onions are still cooking down...

P1020142.jpg

I knew last night that I was going to make this, so I made up some no-knead dough and firmed it up with a bit more flour today, split the dough and made two baguettes that will go in the soup later on.

P1020141.jpg

P1020140.jpg

Isn't that a beautiful crumb? Lots of holes and lots of flavor. Me and DW had to cut into one to insure they were up to our standards.:thumb:

I'll post the finished product later.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

My pictures all come from my Photobucket account. I only have a few pics here on the site. This way I can control the pictures, and If I ever get the boot, I can retaliate with something like...

ItalianSubBread.jpg

chowhound

Nice Homecook!
My appetizer was smoked baloney, spicy brown mustard and triscuits. I need to work out a swap with you.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm getting closer to dinner. I washed up the new, ovenproof soup crocks that DD & DSIL bought me for my birthday (from Bed, bath & Beyond), and have my Gruyere, Parmesan and Mozzarella ready to shred, have Cooksie's soup up on the laptop...

P1020145.jpg

...and the soup is finally finished...

P1020146.jpg

...so I just need to wait for DW to return home and I can toast the baguettes and assemble the individual crocks for the broiler.

homecook

Nice Homecook!
My appetizer was smoked baloney, spicy brown mustard and triscuits. I need to work out a swap with you.

Thanks Fred! LOL......you're always welcome here, you know where I live...I'd love to try that baloney!

Blues Man.......great looking steak dinner.

JoeV......can't wait to see the finished product. Looking good so far.

chowhound

French onion soup rocks.

My chuck roast is still about ten degrees from getting pulled off the smoker. I'm shooting for around 7-8 with the other stuff I threw on. I'll probably butter and toast the rolls.