Whats cooking Thursday October 15, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
not sure yet but probably pasta some way or some kind of breakfast.

what about you?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
its chilly here and now i feel like making a chicken, turkey or beef "pot pie" not sure. i think i will go shopping if the furnace gets serviced early.

chowhound

I'm planning to try Fryboy's Chicken Fricassee.

ooh, that one with the marsala or whatever? And the porcini shrooms? That looked good.

I'm not sure yet for dinner. I had really wanted to go mow the lawn today in forty degree weather :huh: and was going to let that dictate my appetite, but now it's raining and I need to find something else to do. I probably should have mowed the yard before cleaning the chicken coop. Maybe I'll pick up a chuck roast and smoke it. I need something with meat.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I have company coming for lasagne, salad, garlic bread, and cannolis.

Hank said they'd bring the wine, so I told them to bring an Italian wine, and he asked "How about a cabernet sauvignon"!!!!!! And he claims to be Italian!!!!!:bangin:

Hopefully, I'll get an Italian to go with this meal.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have company coming for lasagne, salad, garlic bread, and cannolis.

Hank said they'd bring the wine, so I told them to bring an Italian wine, and he asked "How about a cabernet sauvignon"!!!!!! And he claims to be Italian!!!!!:bangin:

Hopefully, I'll get an Italian to go with this meal.
:bounce::lol: sounds fantastic SS!!!

homecook

I think I'll make some of my Polish chili.......it's only in the 40's here too Fred! Maybe a loaf of bread too. lol
I'm not sure if I'm going bowling tonight but I can always have some before I go.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
You are sure about the case dead early today. I'm just home from work, I think it will something to do with sausages.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Probably tomato basil soup and a tuna melt.
It's cold here, so soup's going to be on the table a lot from here on out lol

homecook

not sure yet but probably pasta some way or some kind of breakfast.

its chilly here and now i feel like making a chicken, turkey or beef "pot pie" not sure. i think i will go shopping if the furnace gets serviced early.

cold here also but i still have no solid plan for dinner.

i feel like making some homemade spinach pasta alfredo.

You're driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!! :bonk::yum::yum:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
You're driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!! :bonk::yum::yum:
yeah my family is driving me crazy!! no one wants the same thing!! i want pasta like in OP but one person wants breakfast and someone suggested pot pie also. i am ready to say *&%^%$&%(*&^ have pb & J!! tonight its gonna be a pain.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
oh the furnace guy called and canceled just now. and of course it is now pouring rain!! i am not going shopping!!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
My sauce is made, and the lasagne is built. Just has to go in the oven before the guests arrive.

I cheated and bought cannoli shells. I still have to dip the ends in chocolate, though. The filling is chilling. It has ricotta, marscapone, orange zest, pistachios, and chocolate bits. I'll dip the ends in more chocolate and pistachios before serving.

Salad dressing is made. Greens are washed, wrapped, and chilling.

I bought a loaf of artisan bread made with roasted garlic.

Hank's bringing the wine?????

I think after I dip the cannoli shells, I'll be ready for a shower.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not going to be eating anything unless I get my ass off here and get to the store!!
Adios amigos, fer like umm now..
Laytah!