Need ideas for some mixed chile peppers

High Cheese

Saucier
I was given a bunch of mixed chile peppers and need some good ideas on using them. I think I'm going to make some real frickin spicy noodles over the weekend, but that's all I can think of right now. :mrgreen:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Do you know what kind of chili peppers also fresh or jarred, HC?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Never thought of that Lefty but Chili Cincinnati style with pasta.

buckytom

Grill Master
fry some with either caribbean or italian style pork chops.

for the caribbean style, brine the chops overnight in a mixture of lemon and lime juice, sugar, raw garlic, bay leaves, black pepper, allspice, and of course salt and water. grill and serve with either grilled or fried peppers.

for the italian: manually tenderize them, then fry the chops with garlic, thinly sliced onion, and a pinch each of savory, parsley, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, and the peppers. drizzle with a little red wine or balsamic vinegar into the pan, then with evoo just before serving.

then there's always pickling them, or making a hot sauce.

Last edited:

High Cheese

Saucier
Fresh. Thanks.

I threw some lunch together for tomorrow. I made a Chinese inspired chicken and noodles with leftover noodles from tonights pasta. Basically a chicken soup with onion, carrot, celery, garlic, ginger, bok choy, oyster sauce, chicken broth, left over roasted chicken (pulled) and some sliced chiles. I cooked everything just aldente for some crunch. The plan is to heat up the soup in the nuker then drop in the cold/cooked linguini. :chef: I know linguini isn't chinese, but it was already cooked. :mrgreen:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just got a branch of some Thai chile peppers, I think.

I'm going to string them on thread, with knots in between, and hang them in a sunny window till thoroughly dried.

Will then crush them up for pizzas.

I like milder ones for chile rellenos - my favorite Mexican dish.

Lee

AllenOK

If they are fresh, have you thought about making your own hot sauce?

If dried, how about grinding for your own homemade chili powder? Or, use for Mole Sauce.