Dinner Weds. 14 Oct 09

suziquzie

I'm going all out.... lol.... taking some home-made sketti sauce and sausage out of the freezer for spaghetti to go with the ciabatta bread I'm attempting.

Deelady

Heres a pork chop recipe I like, its a cranberry sauce and stuffing crusted pork chop:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/tangy-pork-chop-stuffing-108693.aspx

or
smothered pork chops
Parmesan breaded pork chops

Ground Beef:
quick and easy Shepards pie for the ground beef

Cornbread topped beef casserole

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Salisbury Steak with Gravy

I found this to be super easy and tasty but I used Mushroom soup in it...

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/quick-fix-beef-rice-90115.aspx

Chicken:

same recipe for the cranberry and stuffing crusted pork chops but using Chicken breasts (tastes like Thanks Giving :) )

Lemon Herb Chicken with spinach Rice

Chicken and Broccoli fettuchini alfredo

Stuffed chicken rolls with ham and swiss....or cream cheese and sun dried tomatoes

just to name a few ideas ;)

Lefty

Yank
Thanks Dee. I will pass it on the the "warden" to see what she is in the mood for. They all sound great.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ground beef, pork chops, chicken breast
lefty - how about pork chops, potatoes and sauerkaraut

picture.php

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to get some hot soup and a sannie from The Grind on my break today.
It's cold, wet and miserable here..:umbrella:

Deelady

I was suppose to put a pot roast in the crock pot but remembered too late.....so not sure yet maybe chicken thighs

buckytom

Grill Master
just finished 3 days of netapp training, took the bus home (instead of eating lunch) to get my truck, and now i'm back in to finish a double shift. i'm starving.

ok, i may not look like it, but trust me. i'm ready to bite something or someone. a meaty thigh, maybe.

dinner will probably be souvlaki and fries when i get a break later.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Pork tenderloin and I don't know what else yet. I'm in the mood for purple hull or black eyed peas.

chowhound

I'm not really hungry yet, but I'm thinking creamed asparagus over toast and maybe a grilled romaine salad.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We have two grandson's here tonight so probably a pasta of some kind. My wife is doing the cooking so it is up to her.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
the rest of the family finished last nights baked ziti. they had seconds last night, ziti snacks last night, they all had it for breakfast, younger dd took some for lunch. i had a very small portion for dinner last night thats it. there was enough for them to each have a serving for dinner and thats the end of it. i think they liked it or sumtin!!

i'm having a single serving frozen stouffer mac n cheese for dinner tonight.

buckytom

Grill Master
if you're gonna do a tonic right, cheeks, add a lemon studded with cloves to the hot water and scotch or whiskey.

Deelady

I ended up making pork al pastor buritos with fire roasted corn, bell peppers, jasmin rice and sour cream....very tasty! :)

homecook

This is what I ended up making. Grilled cheese w/tomato and bacon sandwiches.......didn't have much of an appetite.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 77

chowhound

Toasted to a tee, Barb. :applause:
Very nice.

My asparagus was a little funky around the tips, so I cooked some seasoned potato chunks and ham steaks instead. Along with a grilled romaine salad with sauteed carrots, onions and garlic cooked in EVOO and balsamic vinegar and topped with parm regg. burp.

Attachments

• ham steaks.jpg
    ham steaks.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 71
  • salad.jpg
    salad.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 70

homecook

Thanks Fred!

That salad looks to die for...........I could go for a plate of that. I've got to get out of the box and make a warm salad like that. Very Nice!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This is what I ended up making. Grilled cheese w/tomato and bacon sandwiches.......didn't have much of an appetite.
i have been dying for one of those for about a week. i want land o' lakes yellow american and swiss with the tomato and bacon in the middle.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Toasted to a tee, Barb. :applause:
Very nice.

My asparagus was a little funky around the tips, so I cooked some seasoned potato chunks and ham steaks instead. Along with a grilled romaine salad with sauteed carrots, onions and garlic cooked in EVOO and balsamic vinegar and topped with parm regg. burp.

oh that looks so good chow!! i want some potatoes.