Where to find "deep pasta plates" ?

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
Unless they're on sale, the good heavy plastic disposable plates cost $8 a pack and my kids go through them faster than water !!! Until a few years ago we did not have a dishwasher so it wasn't an issue; we weren't washing plates for love or money. But now I have a dishwasher, and if I don't buy them, they won't use them.

I own regular plates of course, but I know they like a deep plate to pile on the pasta, cheese, olives, etc. What are they called,and where should I look for them (microwave and dishwasher safe, of course.)

Thanks.

Lefty

Yank
Are you looking for bowls, or specifically pasta plates? I like amazon, and a quick search of bowls showed a bunch of sets of 4 for around $11. They had plain and with patterns, and all sorts of materials.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I know what you mean about the bowls, moose. My family uses more bowls than anything else. I don't know how old your kids are, but I have teens and a 7 year old. I have probably 25 bowls - half are melamine and half are Corelle. I chose them for size and sturdiness. (I think they are best described as oversized cereal bowls.) I think I bought the melamine ones at Target in the $1 section and the Corelle I think I bought at WalMart. They have open stock on Corelle.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I believe this is the kind you are looking for.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Villeroy-Boch-Elements-Pasta-Plates/dp/B00020KD8M[/ame]

They are also available by different manufacturer's at WalMart, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond etc.

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
Thanks all!

My baby just turned 20 and my oldest is going to be 22 soon. They can pack noodles away like no tomorrow. For that matter, so does my husband. Even for a snack !!!

I'm going to be in Target on Sunday so I'll look then. I might go back to Bed Bath & Beyond with my coupons, on Thursday, too. I have some time during my lunch break.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i bought large deep white correl bowls for pasta years ago but they may still have them. btw i got them at an outlet in arizona and they survived the car crash without breaking!!

i wish the car and myself did as well ......... $8,000 in damage to car and a week in the hospital hoping i didn't loose my foot BUT the correl survived!! :lol::lol:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Got this one at Pier 1 several years ago. We just use it for a serving bowl, but it holds enough pasta for about 6 people, of 1-2 hungry teenagers.:D

P1020135.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks all!

My baby just turned 20 and my oldest is going to be 22 soon. They can pack noodles away like no tomorrow. For that matter, so does my husband. Even for a snack !!!

I'm going to be in Target on Sunday so I'll look then. I might go back to Bed Bath & Beyond with my coupons, on Thursday, too. I have some time during my lunch break.

This is what is available at Target and I have a set of dishes from them that came with pasta dishes as well as the other stuff.
http://www.target.com/s/192-1310353...1038576&searchPage=1&searchRank=relevancerank

Below is WalMart:
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=Pasta+bowls

Bed, Bath & Beyond has them but hard to find on their web site. I liked the ones Fryboy posted also which are pretty cheap for William Sonoma.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
these are the corelle livingware 20 oz salad/pasta bowls i got in arizona outlet store 12 years ago and haven't been able to break them yet!! (amazon has them for $4.99 each)

corpastabowl.jpg

Last edited: