Whats cooking Monday October 12, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
hopefully homemade sausage bread and pizza. if not plan B to be determined.

whats cooking by you.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Might have a salad.
a dinner salad with all the stuff on top? sounds good.

i love those. tossed salad and then meats (smoked ham or bacon), hard boiled egg, tuna, olives (black and green) and cheeses (feta and cheddar) for everyone to choose from for topping. keeps everyone happy.

hmmmmmmmmm maybe i'll do a spinach salad to go with my dinner.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I got a new bottles of Beef and Veal Demi Glaze at William Sonoma last week and will be trying their recipe for Beef Stew tonight. We have all the ingredients and it is cold and damp here today so would be a good hardy meal tonight with left overs for tomorrows lunch too.

chowhound

I took some mystery chops out this morning, but they probably won't be thawed, so maybe I'll have leftover stew from last night. Unless I hurry up the thawing process on those pork pieces. Right now I'm not craving anything, so it's really still up in the air.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Beef tenderloin chunks with sauteed mushroom quarters and wine braised pearl onions in a bordelaise sauce; browned butter asparagus, quinoa.

(And, yes, I always melt marrow into my bordelaise. Since I make all my own demi glace and sauce espagnole, it would be a shame to do all that work and then skip the final enrichment of marrow.)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beef tenderloin chunks with sauteed mushroom quarters and wine braised pearl onions in a bordelaise sauce; browned butter asparagus, quinoa.

(And, yes, I always melt marrow into my bordelaise. Since I make all my own demi glace and sauce espagnole, it would be a shame to do all that work and then skip the final enrichment of marrow.)
OH WOW!! yummy! i can't wait to see pictures!!

suziquzie

YAY!!! Mission accomplished..... stopping at Papa Murphy's on the way home, and I didnt even have to suggest it!!! :)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Nick is on a school trip for the week, so Jonathan & I had ribs, roast poatoes & baked beans. DW had pasta & leftovers.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lou and I just got back from Cape May - it was the first weekend of Victorian Week; also attended the Cape May Wine Festival....:applause:
Making Chicken and Rice soup, grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches and seasoned potato wedges. I think a couple of glasses of wine are in order. The cabernet francs were magnificent!

Deelady

We had mini meat loaves and mixed veggies :thumb:

Attachments

• 4th of July 177.jpg
    4th of July 177.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 116

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Grilled Hebrew Nationals topped with fresh guacamole, chopped onions and tomatoes and homemade french fries

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having flat iron steak (which I've never had before), baked onions, and brussel sprouts. I'm anxious to see if I like the flat iron steak as well as others like it.

Deelady

Thanks :) Looks llike its going to be a week of them....tomorrow is beef stew or pot roast I think....

Blues Man

Ended up at a PF Chang's in Miami Beach tonight. Had lettuce wraps and some Orange Peel Shrimp w/ white rice.

chowhound

That's interesting, Dee. I never saw meatloaf cooked along with the veggies before. I like that concept, as I made a one pot meal tonight, too.

Some pork thingies (were supposed to be chops but at least one looked like a legitimate pork steak), that I simmered in a lot butter and a little oil, then added some thin sliced onion and some portobello, some curry seasoning, milk, rice and a can of cream of mushroom. Then simmered some more. Ugly, but tasty.

Attachments

• pork mystery chops.jpg
    pork mystery chops.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 99

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ended up at a PF Chang's in Miami Beach tonight. Had lettuce wraps and some Orange Peel Shrimp w/ white rice.

My old home town there Blues Man. Check out South Beach while there, a lot of great places to eat there as well as well as a great night life.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Dimmer's over and the dishes done. Here's the result.

Beef tenderloin; braised pearl onions; satueed criminis; all in a bordelaise with marrow. On the side, asparagus and parslied noodles (I changed from the quinoa).

Attachments

• tenderloin in bordelaise 005.jpg
    tenderloin in bordelaise 005.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 97
  • tenderloin in bordelaise 011.jpg
    tenderloin in bordelaise 011.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 99
  • tenderloin in bordelaise 012.jpg
    tenderloin in bordelaise 012.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 104

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
WOW the food looks awesome .................. again!!
SS beautiful plating in black and white!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner 10/12/09:

Homemade pizza dough topped with tomato sauce, fresh chopped parsley, ripped fresh basil leaves, fresh chopped garlic, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, cooked crumbled Italian sausage, grated romano cheese, grated parmesan cheese and mozzarella.

pizza_101209_1_P1040417.JPG

pizza_101209_2_P1040419.JPG

pizza_101209_3_P1040423.JPG

and (homemade dough) Sausage bread

sausage_bread_101309_1_P1040433.JPG

sausage_bread_101309_2_P1040457.JPG

sausage_bread_101309_3_P1040464.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That looks good - have you a recipe for the sausage bread Lili?
thank you MM!! i kinda throw it together when i make it. i need to think about amounts and will compose a recipe as soon as i can.