Whats cooking Sunday October 11, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
boneless chicken breasts, stuffing (i may stuff the breasts), gravy, baked accorn squash and sweet potatoes.

whats cooking by you?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We picked up some fresh beautiful 8 -12 tiger shrimp this morning so we are planing on doing some coconut shrimp this afternoon. I will perhaps do some fried onions, yellow rice and steamed vegetables as well.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Me and DW are cooking for a monthly church event this afternoon, and will feed 250-275 people Mac-n-Cheese and salad. Thank goodness for the commercial convection ovens.

Blues Man

Grilled pork tenderloin and fixings. I also made some baked ginger curry sweet potato fries. They turned out great.

100_0869.jpg

100_0870.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Grilled pork tenderloin and fixings. I also made some baked ginger curry sweet potato fries. They turned out great.

100_0869.jpg

100_0870.jpg
looks so yummy!! i am going to bake sweet potatoes and/or accorn squash tonight and maybe mash them with some add-ins.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Made beef borgournion tonoght with jacket potatos and green beans. My sister and her man came round for a meal.

Mr. Green Jeans

DW has requested mac-n-cheese as well which we'll have with some grilled chicken sausage. Of course the bestest way to eat mac-n-cheese is with a good dose of Heinz 57 laced with Tapatio sauce!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Stuffed red peppers.

I'd originally planned to take myself out for dinner and a little retail therapy, but it's a lazy Sunday with crap to be done around here lol

Last edited:

smoke king

Banned
Our Parish held its annual Pork dinner today. Delicious Pork roast. mashed potatoes, Saurkraut, roll and dessert for 7 bucks. Wish I would have bought 2; it was really good and I'll be hungry later!!

On a related note, they asked for parishoners to donate desserts, so I made them a pink & white "checkerboard" cake (when you cut into it it has a checkerboard pattern inside) with Homemade buttercream frosting, topped with a sweet n' salty top consisting of Chocolate ganache and chopped cashews. The dinner ended at 2PM-as of 1PM they hadn't even cut into it yet.

The next time they ask me for a dessert they're getting Sara Lee!!:yum:

Blues Man

Thanks Peep, Thanks Meme4251. I will be doing the sweet potato fries again. My kids don't eat sweet potatoes but they sure liked these fries!

chowhound

In about another hour, I'll be wishing I had some crusty bread.

Attachments

• stew 10-11-09.jpg
    stew 10-11-09.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 129

homecook

I made seafood (crabmeat, shrimp and scallops) enchiladas.

Oh yeah........we had crusty bread with it. LOL

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 123

Meme4251

All nice dinners for tonight. We had turkey and dressing plates from St. Roberts Church today at lunch and I could not finish it off. Will be eating on it before bedtime...Sure was good. Had a plate last Sunday also from St. Mary's in Nada, Tx. Now, that was really a good turkey/dressing plate and lots of food piled on....I love it but my son will not eat any of it...Several of my other kid's will actually 2 will out of the 4 plus myself so I guess that's pretty even....:whistling:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
WOW :applause: AWESOME MEALS EVERYONE!! AND THAT CRUSTY BREAD!!
i have butter!! :mrgreen: LOL