Nice cooking website

chowhound

Yesterday, while doing a little research on how to grill lobster tails, I bumped into this guy's vid. I thought his technique was pretty cool as it allowed me to finish them inside where I could control their doneness better. And I liked the way he exposed the lobster meat, too. My tails came out perfectly. I even made his garlic/shallot puree.
So here's the vid and also a link to his website. I like his common man's approach to cooking and can't wait to make fish tacos with white sauce. Actually, I think I'll be making a few things from his website :chef:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDAgokhPJA[/ame]

http://www.cookingsessions.com/

Bilby

Good idea with the lobster. Looks a little different that way.

Think I would go for some different accompaniments though.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I use that same method with the herb butter to finish off steaks as well. Lobster I steam then remove the tails and set them in warm melted garlic butter on the stove a minute or so before serving. Never did care for grilled lobster but love it steamed.

chowhound

I always preferred lobster tails broiled, Joe, but I refuse to use a floor level broiler, so grilling was the way to go for me. I was always a bit skeptical of splitting the tails and cooking the one side through the shell, but with this method (as you can see) you get that nice sear that us grillers like, plus can finish it off to your desired doneness easily.

homecook

Thanks Fred! That is a cool website. I noticed alot of recipes I may try on there.
Your lobster tails looked awesome and I may have to try that method! I prefer mine broiled rather than steamed........

chowhound

Thanks, Barb.
I was just looking through his site again and noticed that this is the egg blowing guy. Didn't Pie Susan post that vid a while back? I never could get that to work.

homecook

Hahaha........I remember that. lol I never did try it though. Damn, now you've got me curious, you've tried it??

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, Barb.
I was just looking through his site again and noticed that this is the egg blowing guy. Didn't Pie Susan post that vid a while back? I never could get that to work.

DW just about died laughing when I did the egg trick on a dozen. LOL

chowhound

I've tried it half a dozen times. Damn near passed out (lol).
I'm using eggs right now that are dated 7/29 and they still taste fresher than storebought eggs and peel like hell. I'm always trying to find an easier way to peel eggs.

homecook

I'm using eggs right now that are dated 7/29 and they still taste fresher than storebought eggs and peel like hell. I'm always trying to find an easier way to peel eggs.

:yum::yum: I'm not even going to go there.

I think I'll wait until I'm over my cold to try it. hahaha

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Did you add baking soda to the water?

Original vid -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2gYHJNT3Y[/ame]