Tuesday Dinner 10/6

homecook

I've got alot going on today so I'll be putting a pot roast, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms in the crockpot for a quick dinner.

What will you have tonight??

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i am thinking linguini with white clam sauce and garlic bread.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We are going to do a flat iron steak, roasted butternut squash and brussel sprouts.

suziquzie

It's raining it's pouring the old man is.... well, not right this moment he better not be cuz he's at work. hehe.

Anyway, I'm thinkin a casserole. It's that kind of day.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I've got a job interview this afternoon - wish me luck! After that, chicken wings. I'm thinking of using the Mellow Yellow free rub that a lot of us got through the mail. Does rub have to be grilled or can I bake it?? Not sure how to use this stuff, lol :unsure:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Yippee! Good luck, RM. I hope the job is exactly what you want and the hiring manager is smart enough to see you are perfect for the job!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I've got a job interview this afternoon - wish me luck! After that, chicken wings. I'm thinking of using the Mellow Yellow free rub that a lot of us got through the mail. Does rub have to be grilled or can I bake it?? Not sure how to use this stuff, lol :unsure:
good luck!! hey i didn't get a sample!! can i sign up online somewhere to get samples? i used to get them but they stopped. :sad:

buckytom

Grill Master
I've got a job interview this afternoon - wish me luck! After that, chicken wings.

chicken wings, huh? is it a job at hooter's? 'cause tomorrow is wingsday, you know...

hooters[1].jpg

you might want to re-think the embarrassment part, though.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum: Everytime I hear about Hooters, I think about Jeff on "Flipping Out". He taught his ex-boyfriend's 3 year old daughter to tell people she wanted to work at Hooters when she grew up! He also taught her to say that Chardonnay is her favorite drink.

Not that there's anything wrong with working at Hooters - I would except I don't have the ummmm...... qualifications.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum: Everytime I hear about Hooters, I think about Jeff on "Flipping Out". He taught his ex-boyfriend's 3 year old daughter to tell people she wanted to work at Hooters when she grew up! He also taught her to say that Chardonnay is her favorite drink.

Not that there's anything wrong with working at Hooters - I would except I don't have the ummmm...... qualifications.

:respect: LOL

buckytom

Grill Master
:wwpics:

lol, good equipment or not, hooter's really doesn't work around nyc and joisey. the chicks are too nasty and stuck up. they give you the "what are you looking at, loser!" attitude when you're just trying to order your food.

you need those southern girls who can fake that they secretly despise you, with a smile.

ok, getting back on topic, dw just called and is sick as a dog, so she didn't get to go food shopping, nor wants to cook. so we'll be ordering take out again. not sure what kind yet.

chowhound

what cut of steak? yummy!!

It's a 2" thick ribeye. And it's not anywhere close to thawing. Thick cuts I like to thaw the whole way through in the fridge, then bring close to room temp. 1" cuts I'll use the aluminum thawing doohickey plate.

chowhound

RM, you can apply the rub to wings you are going to grill. I do all the time. The same as seasoning anything you grill in its raw state. Don't let the word rub scare you, it's just BBQ talk for seasoning ;^)

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
RM, you can apply the rub to wings you are going to grill. I do all the time. The same as seasoning anything you grill in its raw state. Don't let the word rub scare you, it's just BBQ talk for seasoning ;^)

:yum: I have no problem with that word, believe me, lol. My question WAS can meats with rubs be baked?

buckytom

Grill Master
they most certainly can, r-mom.

just be careful not to cook rubs with a lot of sugar on too high heat or they'll burn. unless you want blackened.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
icon1.gif
Lefty's beer batter
2 Cups Flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 eggs (room tempature)
12 oz beer (room tempature)
(optional) 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
(optional) Zest of 1 lime

chowhound

Beautiful fish, Sass, but where are the chips? ;^)
You oughta throw that pic in his thread, then more people would try the batter recipe. IMO. Well, me for one (lol).

But how did you manage to post a pic without text?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I've got alot going on today so I'll be putting a pot roast, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms in the crockpot for a quick dinner.

What will you have tonight??
That's exactly what we are having, minus the mushrooms since I was out. :thumb: My house is smelling really good right now.