Dinner Sun Oct 4th (already?)

chowhound

Last night I made french fries with my wings, so the tortilla pizzas will come today at some time. I just need to whip up a sauce first. I also took some hot dogs and bacon out of the freezer, so some jazzed up Bush's beans are on the menu at some point, also. Over buttered toast.
There's some good games on this weekend and I aim to watch all of them, except for my dismal Browns. The Jets and New Orleans should be good, as should Denver and Dallas, to see if Denver is for real. And Baltimore/New England should be good. I seem to remember tomorrow's game drawing some headlines for some reason, too... :yum:

So what's gettin' fixed by all y'all?

Love2"Q"

really looking forward to the ravens/pats game ...
and tomorrow nights game .. i can not wait ..
but today .. ABTs are a must .. baby back ribs ..
thinking some tater salad will get done ..
trying something new on the smoker (new for me)
italian beef made with a chuck roast ..
thats for sammies for monday night football ..
i am in a cooking mood so probably a few other things as
the day goes on ..

Mr. Green Jeans

NYT no-knead bread that is just about ready for the final rise and vegetarian chorizo chili. All will be ready in time for kick off of the late game (5 pm Pacific) :).

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I'm going to fry up some polska kielbasa with onions, carrots, parsnips and cabbage, add a little pumpkin ale and brown sugar for flavor and serve over rice - It's a beautiful crisp fall day here today. I think this will be a great compliment to the day :)

chowhound

I've got one tortilla pizza done and out of the way :smile:

Attachments

• tortilla pizza.jpg
    tortilla pizza.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 155

chowhound

Thanks, Q. It was (lol). I shouldn't have turned off the oven so quick.

What do you have going on there? You had the chuck on the smoker, then you put it in the marinade? Like a sear and marinade?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well we never did do that pork loin for last night as it was just to busy around here all day. My bedroom TV died so we got a new one for the bedroom.

Dinner tonight will be the pork loin, string beans with red onion and red bell peppers as well as acorn squash and roasted red bliss potatoes.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Great looking pizza chow, I've never heard of a tortilla pizza before, what a great idea! Your roast and ribs look great too Q!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We took Mark to brunch earlier today to celebrate his upcoming 24th birthday...so eventually, and much later, indeed..

Hot roast beef and provolone sandwiches with gravy, boiled red potatoes with butter and parsley and green beans.

GotGarlic

I have half a cooked pork loin I need to do something with - I'm thinking pork fried rice. Or maybe I'll freeze it and grill burgers instead :smile: It's 75 degrees here right now.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Lamb steak, roast potatoes, roast carrots & pan roasted pumpkin with onion & fromage frais
PICT0889.JPG

and I found these on my camera from chicken fajitas the other day
PICT0876.JPG
PICT0877.JPG

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
IC entry was for dinner tonight: Turkey Florentine Casserole

Attachments

• PA040882.jpg
    PA040882.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 142

chowhound

Thanks RM. Thanks Cooksie.
That sauce sounds interesting, Ray. And the whole thing looks good.
Nice turkey, Mama!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Chow! Nice looking pizza you have there!

Good looking ribs and chuck roast Q...what kind of sammies are you making with it?

That dinner looks amazing Ray! What is fromage frais?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
fromage fraise is sort of like sour cream but a little sweeter. It is a slightly healthier addition rather than using cream.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Ray! Ive never seen it in any of the store here that I've been to.

Lefty

Yank
American chop suey. Garlic bread, salad. I got a bunch of peppers from a friend and I am trying oven made ABTs. Will let you know later.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Last night I made french fries with my wings, so the tortilla pizzas will come today at some time. I just need to whip up a sauce first. I also took some hot dogs and bacon out of the freezer, so some jazzed up Bush's beans are on the menu at some point, also. Over buttered toast.
There's some good games on this weekend and I aim to watch all of them, except for my dismal Browns. The Jets and New Orleans should be good, as should Denver and Dallas, to see if Denver is for real. And Baltimore/New England should be good. I seem to remember tomorrow's game drawing some headlines for some reason, too... :yum:

So what's gettin' fixed by all y'all?

I was sure lovin' it ......for a while anyway......now I shall salt my Buffalo wings with crocodile tears :sad::sad::sad:.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Here's our dinner - polska kielbasa with roasted carrots & parsnips, onions and cabbage in a pumpkin ale sauce served over white rice. Day-um it was good!...if I do say so myself, lol :)

16kyp95.jpg
[/IMG]

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner 10/4/09:

Broiled shell steak, salad and steamed cauliflower topped with shredded cheddar.

shell_steak_cauliflower_100409_1_P1040349.JPG

shell_steak_cauliflower_100409_2_P1040353.JPG

Last edited:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful Peeps-I should of took pictures tonight, but was hard with company, and everyone was starved. Salad, with the end of the Garden tomatoes. (Rice Vinegar dressing) Standing Rib Roast-Mashed Potato's' & Gravy. Corn- Ice Cream.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beautiful Peeps-I should of took pictures tonight, but was hard with company, and everyone was starved. Salad, with the end of the Garden tomatoes. (Rice Vinegar dressing) Standing Rib Roast-Mashed Potato's' & Gravy. Corn- Ice Cream.
thank you dan. your meal sounds awesome!!

buckytom

Grill Master
i grilled some gigantic chicken breasts and a coupla skewers of the trimmings from my last whole beef tenderloin.

also, i made a salad of garden tomatoes and basil, ans some balsamic vinegar.
dw nuked spuds and heated a can of baby peas. and we had fresh polish rye from the bakery this morning, along with butter.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I called down to the kitchen at work around 6 and asked for a cheeseburger, some cukes and onion salad, and baked beans off the menu.

Well, they sent me just that. NO ketchup or anything to dress the burger, so I put some of the cukes and onions on the damn thing, and guess what?
It was delicious! lol