Friday 2 October dinner anyone??

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Hmm...late today people!

I think we'll be drinking dark and stormys tonight. - Gosslings rum with ginger beer and lime.

I'm making pizza tonight. I usually make three. One meatball, one chicken parm, and the other with mushrooms and poached eggs.

The plan for tomorrow is to stay in bed all day. :kiss::shock::kiss::shock:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Jonathan cooked meatballs in tomato sauce and a choclate sponge for dessert.

chowhound

One of Ol-Blue's meatloaf recipes. I'm going to mash some cauliflower cooked in chicken broth with garlic and make an onion and shroom gravy.

buckytom

Grill Master
i just found out that i was volunteered to work at my boy's school book sale tonight (they need grunts to haul away the unsold ones), so dinner will be at a restaurant afterwards.

High Cheese

Saucier
Alright! :applause:

Grilled steak two nights in a row :a1:

lol...well, the porterhouses were 4 something a pound, $4.49 I think and I already had the ribeyes in the basket sooo. Didn't want to freeze the ribeyes THEN have to defrost something for tonight. lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner 10/2/09:

Everyone wanted ham steak again and they were $2.99 a pound so I got another one.

Smithfield smoked ham steak, tater tots and bruschetta.

smithfield_ham_tots_brushetta_100209_P1040340.JPG

Last edited:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Mmmmm, it all sounds wonderful!

Fried popcorn shrimp with red beans and rice for us tonight :biggrin:

chowhound

Lovely, Peeps.
What exactly is bruschetta? Is it a type of bread, or simply bread with tomatoes and stuff on it? I'm wondering if I ever made it ;^)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Lovely, Peeps.
What exactly is bruschetta? Is it a type of bread, or simply bread with tomatoes and stuff on it? I'm wondering if I ever made it ;^)
thank you chow. i chop tomatoes and onions fine then add olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, ground black pepper, ground garlic and finely chopped fresh parsley. mix well and serve on slices of french bread. i don't toast my bread, i like the bread to absorb the oil and vinegar.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks great, LBP! I love bruschetta, toasted or non-toasted!

Betcha can't guess what we're having :mrgreen::mrgreen:. I do have meat, somewhere!

P1010001-1.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks great, LBP! I love bruschetta, toasted or non-toasted!

Betcha can't guess what we're having :mrgreen::mrgreen:. I do have meat, somewhere!

P1010001-1.jpg
thank you cooksie!!

i love tacos!! hard shells for me. i use scallions instead of onions. hey wheres the black olives? yummy!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Lovely, Peeps.

It is easiest to think of brushed as a small open face sandwich really. It is usually toasted but not always. A common one is toast a French, Italian, or any bread really cut into thin slices then add a bit of olive oil, rub with garlic followed by a tomato. Their are many more and most are good especially as appetizers or something as a side for dinner.

chowhound

LOL, if that's the case, Joe... I made myself "bruschetta" when I grilled that tuna steak (I think it was). I just don't put fancy names on stuff. I prefer loaded garlic bread (lol). Thanks for the definition.
Ahhh, terms... Now next time Vera says she is having bruschetta, I'll know.

When I bought the mix, Cooksie, I preferred Ortega's seasoning. Definitely el paso shells though. They are lighter. And Ortega sauce, but lately it's been ro-tel tomatoes and no sauce. Heck, you know. You follow my taco dinners (lol). I loooooove tacos!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LOL, if that's the case, Joe... I made myself "bruschetta" when I grilled that tuna steak (I think it was). I just don't put fancy names on stuff. I prefer loaded garlic bread (lol). Thanks for the definition.

When I bought the mix, Cooksie, I preferred Ortega's seasoning. Definitely el paso shells though. They are lighter. And Ortega sauce, but lately it's been ro-tel tomatoes and no sauce. Heck, you know. You follow my taco dinners (lol). I loooooove tacos!
my bruschetta is definitely NOT garlic bread chow.

GotGarlic

I had a very busy week, so we ordered entrees from our neighborhood pizza joint (chicken Parmesan with spaghetti for me, Italian sausage and peppers with ziti for DH) and I made salads. Not bad, but I sprinkled some Italian seasoning on the pasta - not enough flavor in the sauce.

Love2"Q"

I had a very busy week, so we ordered entrees from our neighborhood pizza joint (chicken Parmesan with spaghetti for me, Italian sausage and peppers with ziti for DH) and I made salads. Not bad, but I sprinkled some Italian seasoning on the pasta - not enough flavor in the sauce.
was it east side ?

chowhound

my bruschetta is definitely NOT garlic bread chow.

It sounds from the descriptions that bruschetta can vary. I'll read up some more on it :respect:

Ol-Blue's melt in your mouth meatloaf. With mashed cauliflower and other stuff.

Attachments

• meatloaf & gravy.jpg
    meatloaf & gravy.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 106

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Well, we ended up with Paddy Cocktails because we were sans Gosslings. Paddy Cocktails are 2-1 irish whiskey and sweet vermouth with angostoura bitters. Smooth smooth.

Deep dish chicken parmesan pizza
Octoberdining002.jpg

Octoberdining007.jpg

Meatball pizza
Octoberdining003.jpg

Octoberdining009.jpg

Lombardozza - sauteed mushrooms and poached eggs
Octoberdining005.jpg

Octoberdining010.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master
omg, vera!!! those look incredible. you must make me a lombardoza pizza someday.

chow, i like the term "loaded garlic bread" for bruschetta. peep, i beg to differ. it is certainly a garlic bread.

it's supposed to be crostini (toasted or grilled slices of italian bread) that has has cloves of raw garlic rubbed/scraped onto it. then it's drizzled with evoo, and s&p.

that's it

anything else is a variation, the most common being diced tomatoes and herbs, or diced peppers, or a tapenade.

mmm, i want some bruschetta.

getting back to squares: we ended up with sushi again last night. dw is on a health kick, so i guess so am i. :huh:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

I have to stop giving you karma so much...every time I try I'm chastised and told to spread some seeds in other gardens!

buckytom

Grill Master
yay, lucky me. vera was just in my garden!!!

and yes, vb, i'd love a slice. my mouth is watering just thinking about a rich egg yolk on a slice.

i just had one of my faves the other night: mussels fra diavolo on top of pizza. :clap: