oh, oh........

Wasabi

I don't live in the tsunami zone but my parents do. They are here with us till we know it is safe for them to go home.

HONOLULU -- The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a tsunami watch for the Hawaiian Islands after an earthquake off Samoa on Tuesday morning.

homecook

Sorry to hear that Linda. It's good your parents are there with you. Best wishes that things don't get too bad where they live.......

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh Linda, I will keep your parents as well as all the people at risk in my thoughts. I've been watching in horror at all the people in the Philippines that were killed or left homeless by the recent flooding. It's just awful - and so many of them are desperately poor to begin with. I can't imagine how they are managing.

Wasabi

Yes, we dodged a bullet. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. My son-in-law was deployed along with his Army National Guard unit yesterday to help with the search and recovery in Samoa.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm so glad to hear you are all safe and your parents' home is still standing. Please send our thanks to your SIL for his service. It's an awful job (search and recovery) and thank heavens there are people like your SIL who will risk their health and safety to do it.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Linda, I had hoped that you would be ok. Glad to hear you dodged a bullet. We have hurricanes in S. Fla and tornadoes in N.E. Ohio, so I understand the concerns. Thank goodness everyone was safe!

Wasabi

Thank goodness it was just a warning. They tell us we are overdue for another tsunami or hurricane. We do get earthquakes every few years, but nothing big. We're just a sitting time bomb, I guess. On top of all that we have to worry about Korea and a bomb heading our way. :ohmy:

Wasabi

This far. Me in the red circle.

26331938.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
OK- If a Tusunami hit! Are you far enough away to be safe?
Now where was your parents living at? I am just glad you all are safe now!

Wasabi

Yes, I'm very safe. Look down from where my red circle is towards the ocean and there's a little red circle that says "Ewa Beach", that's where my parents live. They have beach front property. This picture was taken from their back yard.
Hawaii.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Wow- What a beautiful view! Thanks for the great Illustration Linda, and also to let us know you and yours is safe!