Outage Jan 28 2009

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry about the outage guys. Power went out. With so much ice on the power lines I'm glad they got electric back so soon. Beware, it might happenn again, but never fear, we'll be back as soon as possible.

My Net Tractor Talk forum is on another server, so normally it is up when FF and Net cooking talk are down. So you can check there for updates if we ever have an extended outage.

Thanks for understanding.

Link to Net Tractor Talk: www.nettractortalk.com/forums/

Calicolady

I was wondering. I even called comcast and they were no help. I thought maybe it was your weather when they comfirmed my bill
was up to date. LOL!
I'm a newbie to the computer world (just since last March) and I was going nuts with this thing trying to figure out.
Glad to be back! Sorry about the trouble there Doc.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Calico, I'll pass on a few steps I do whenever I get the dreaded page not found error message.
If one of my forums is not responding, I always try one of the others. I use firefox browser and have then all on a different tab. If two of them fail, before I panic, I open a new window and go to google. If google comes up okay and my forums don't I know the problem is on my server. If google does not come up then I know it's a connection problem on my computer.
A few months ago I started using two servers so that one is in Chicago and one is in WV. They both should never be down at the same time, which means if this site does not respond but net Tractor talk does, then I have an outage on my WV server.
Hope this helps and is not TMI. :D

Calicolady

Ok. Power down again. I guess I aught to start bring up some warm winds from here....

SES1040.jpg