Is there any use for Tomato skins?

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Can I put all these Tomato Skins in the blender and make something with them? (I removed the skins for my Tomato sauce).
:idea:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i don't know. do you compost? they would really help make a nice rich black compost.

by the way those tomatoes are wonderful!!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Freeze them, then drop them in the pot next time you're making a batch of stock.

Or you can use them as an addition if you make demi-glace or sauce espagnole.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Freeze them, then drop them in the pot next time you're making a batch of stock.

Or you can use them as an addition if you make demi-glace or sauce espagnole.
good idea. i never thought of that even tough i do make my chicken soup stock with unpeeled carrots and onions which add great flavor to the stock. would add a nice flavor to a veggie based soups like minestrone. thank you.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I should of thought of that too since I use carrot peelings, celery etc for making vegetable stocks all the time even the ends I cut off of asparagus. DUH.

Mr. Green Jeans

If you are worm composting go easy with the high acid foods. Its hard on the boys and girls er actually boy/girl strictly worm speaking.

Constance

Run'em through the colander a couple of times...you'd be surprised at the good paste that comes out of those skins...then add to your tomato sauce.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Run'em through the colander a couple of times...you'd be surprised at the good paste that comes out of those skins...then add to your tomato sauce.
Thanks Constance- This is more of the answer I was looking for. I will try next time!