Just a quick note

Wasabi

My husband was taken to the ER Thursday morning. He was dizzy and short of breath. I've been sleeping at the hospital. With a storm coming, I came home to spend the night because our chihuahua is afraid of thunder.

With a sad heart I must tell you that his last cat scan showed what we already knew. The cancer has spread. He is now breathing with one lung. The cancerous lung has collapsed. It is just a matter of time when God will carry him gently home. His cardiologist's goal is to get him on his feet, stabilize his heart rate that is racing and bring up his blood pressure which is very low and manage his pain so he can come home to us. He will not be able to go back to work so as of the end of the month he will be retired.

This is not a time of crying for us. We have had 29 years of laughter, love and memories. What ever time he has left will be happy times, filled with memories of our wonderful life together.

With Warmest Aloha, Linda

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Watch a sunrise and enjoy the planet's beauty. Smell some lovely flowers and listen to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. xo

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Your post was heartbreaking, but abolutely lovely, Linda.

Sending my healing thoughts and energy to you and your husband.

Aloha,

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
my whole heart is with you today, linda.
i'll say a rosary for you and yours today at lunchtime, so that god will give you two as long as possible together in all his love.

Biskit

Yes, we knew this time was coming. I'm sad, but yet, glad. I'm glad you've borne this burden this long with the grace you have shown. I'm glad you have made the most out of your remaining time with your husband. I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough with this band of misfits that you come to us with your burdens and share in our laughter.

GOD bless you and your husband. Prayers and thoughts coming from my house.

Monte

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh, Linda, I just don't have words. I'm praying for the doctor's to stabilize Bo so that he can come home with you and if it is his time, he can pass in your loving and sheltering arms. I can't imagine there is anywhere he would rather be. Love to you and Bo.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Linda, I am so sorry. I know all about heart and lung issues. I will keep you both in my prayers and like Warren Zevon said, "Enjoy every sandwich."

Wasabi

My heartfelt thank you to all.

News gets worst and worst. Our very good friend that supervises the intensive care unit in Pali Momi came to see me personally at home this morning. She talked to Bo's cardiologist and he wanted her to break the news to us because she was so close to us. The cancer is more widespread than we even imagined. It is in his heart and there also is a golf ball sized tumor near his kidney. If he survives the hospital, he will go straight to hospice. My heart is breaking right now. I had so hoped that he would be able to come home for a little while. I'm so numb and in shock right now. I knew it was bad........but not that bad.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Hello Linda - I am sorry to hear this. I cannot imaging how hard it is for you and Bo right now. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to let me know.

Andy

Biskit

My heartfelt thank you to all.

News gets worst and worst. Our very good friend that supervises the intensive care unit in Pali Momi came to see me personally at home this morning. She talked to Bo's cardiologist and he wanted her to break the news to us because she was so close to us. The cancer is more widespread than we even imagined. It is in his heart and there also is a golf ball sized tumor near his kidney. If he survives the hospital, he will go straight to hospice. My heart is breaking right now. I had so hoped that he would be able to come home for a little while. I'm so numb and in shock right now. I knew it was bad........but not that bad.

I'll be right here!

CharlieD

Just as G-d may decide to take him, G-d may decide that you need him more and give you guys at least another 29 wonderful years together. I will pray that that's what will happen.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love you girl!!

You know where to find me.

Stay strong, lean on God and believe He'll see you through all of this.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Linda, this is devastating news but you can sleep at Hospice and be with him all the time and ensure that he is not in pain. A love like yours is such a wonderful blessing and I believe it lives on forever. It is just going to take on a different form. Hugs and prayers, Susan

Wasabi

Thank you so much everyone for you kind thought and prayers.

Guess who visited his Daddy today? We got special permission to bring him in for a visit.

Guess who got the best medicine in the world?

Picture1-7.png

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Absolutely the best medicine Linda. I am so glad that they arranged that for him and for you. Continued thoughts and prayers.

Andy

Bilby

Glad you were able to take your darling in to see your darling. Your thread brought back all the memories of my mother from earlier this year. We were able to bring her home for about ten days and then she had another ten days in hospital before she passed from complications from treating the lung cancer. So my thoughts are very much with you. We kept a happy place until the last couple of days.

I wish you had the equivalent of (our) Silver Chain palliative care nursing organisation. Because of them, we were able to have oxygen cylinders, special bed and other equipment and a nurse and an aide came by every day to help care for her. My brother, SIL, aunts, a couple of family friends and I all looked after her while she was home.

I wish you and yours well, and wish you more strength, as well as quality sleep when you can grab it.

Wasabi

My Bo was transferred to a hospice 5 minutes from my home. It's a beautiful facility with caring faculty. He is doing well and in good spirits. We may being our Koapaka for visits.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm glad Bo is in good spirits and I hope as comfortable as possible. Bless you both.

Buzz