Monday Dinner Anybody??? JAN 26THTHTHTH

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
What are your plans for DIN DIN tonight. I still have not thought up anything yet, but would be willing to see what you guys are dreaming up! :wub:

lilylove

But...google won't give us as many HITS if you don't format it the corret way Sattie! No Karma for you today!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Sattie get's a spanking for poor formatting. Shame, shame....

As for me and the Mrs., we're having
P1010340.jpg

I'll smash some taters to go along with them and a nice salad of Romain hearts and the remnants of yesterday's veggie tray. Still have some cake left over from DS birthday party.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinking of a pot of chili.

I may have to create a new recipe though. I'm transportation challenged today (no vehicle available unless you count one of the tractors) so what goes in the pot will depend on what's on hand!

chowhound

Hey! Real pigs in the blanket! Not the lazy kind I make. Nice

I might either grill some brats or do something with the leftovers from last night. Undecided right now, but the brats are in the fridge thawing (kinda) anyway. I should probably head to the store for a green pepper or two.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Time out for me.... I'll go stand in the corner! Man Joe, that looks great!!! I'm hungry!

Calicolady

Ha!Ha!, Joe. Thanks!

I just posted my dinner in the lump crab-not crabcake thread.
He sublimitally made me do it.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I kid you not.... if I had posted that on the other forum, it would have been edited in seconds!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Formating rules??????? Are you kidding???????? :ermm::unsure:

I kid you not.... if I had posted that on the other forum, it would have been edited in seconds!

Golden Oldie

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Txes M&A Uinervtisy,
it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod
are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat
ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed
ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

homecook

I'm making the clam chowder lilylove posted. I think I'll also make some lobster/crab pizza. And to be healthy I'll add a salad.

Barb

I think I'll have to pick up some cabbage today to make some gulumpki cuz Joe's are making me hungry for them!!

PanchoHambre

I will be eating some form of pork...why because my damn cat knocked open the freezer door and the loin I had in there as well as a bunch of other stuff got partially defrosted.

Last night I braised chops in a tomato sauce w sausages and braised the loin in roast chicken stock w white wine and root veggies...

I all ready had a loin roast in the fridge...and leftovers from the chili cookoff... I am not going to be cooking much this week.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Golden Oldie

:huh: Jim you cant spell for shit! :yum:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I'm thinking sirloin flap steak pan seared, some jalapeno cheddar grits, and bacon wrapped asparagus!

PanchoHambre

Golden Oldie

oh are we allowed to make Aggie jokes?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I was thinking some coconut shrimp since I got two lbs of these same monsters 4-6 to a pound this morning. The finished product should look something like below. We serve them with yellow rice and a mixed vegetable. Recipe is posted here in the seafood area and the knife's blade is 8.25" long.

Attachments

• shrimp1.jpg
    shrimp1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 104
  • shrimp2.jpg
    shrimp2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 102

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I rarely get these shrimp here in Kentucky since I moved here from South Florida 5 years ago. It is I'm just getting tired of the snow here and want something tropical for a change.